Going off the radar for a few months :)

CrapAtNC

I'm so crap at NC that I'm having to send myself out of the country and deep into the jungle just to stop myself contacting my ex. I leave within the next 24 hours

I won't be on the forums for a while, but I'd like to offer my sincere appreciation to all of you: not just those taking time to offer advice but also those just seeking help, as you teach me that none of us is alone in post-breakup pain and confusion, and that's very reassuring.

Wishing 2008 brings all of you the best person for you, whomever that might be.

Cheers!

CrapAtNC

• 2 months later...

Well, I have three weeks left on this amazing trip, and it's been incredibly productive.

Despite my thoughts to the contrary, Internet (and even wireless) are abundant in Guatemala. ](*,) But I managed to stay pretty true to my mission, by simply not contacting the ex. She sent me a few emails - purely work related - but many not necessary at all. She was clearly trying to keep the lines of communication open.

I should add at this point that, just before my departure, she was hinting that she didn't want me to leave, and we spent some really good moments together.

I replied to most of her emails, but not always immediately, and often very bluntly (not rude, just not lengthy). I had to call once about an emergency, and she was really happy to hear from me, and she talked with me until the early hours where she is ... not the best thing I could have done, but it was only a week or so into the trip.

For two or three weeks I was basically offline, and then I got a call (I have an emergency number in my email signature). I ignored it. My phone didn't show the number, but I had a feeling it was her.

The next day, I was online, and, lo and behold, she pops up on MSN - she had finally unblocked me. She had called me because of a bit of a tragedy at our organization; I was kind of touched that she felt she needed to talk to me (there was nothing I could do about the event at this point).

Since then, we've only emailed each other about work (she's doing a fantastic job - very proud of her), but we chat maybe once a week on MSN. We only ever have fun conversations - maybe because I've learnt to ignore or make fun of any of those female 'tests' I used to fail before - you know, moodiness, rudeness, stuff like that. They're just tests, and they disappear if I don't fail the test and respond negatively (guys, try this - it works!).

She often tells me what she's been doing at work, as she knows I'll be pleased with her accomplishments. And she likes to send me videos and photos of my own pets, the animals we care for, and lots of her own cats - but none of her.

We seem to have a very healthy relationship at this point - although it's only via work emails and MSN. I don't think she's seeing anyone, as she's often online at night, even at weekends, until she goes to sleep - usually very, very late if we're chatting (I always end the conversations).

I've had a bit of fun out here, but nothing to write home about. The thing is, I've just come to realise just how much I want this woman back, and how well suited we are; others just haven't been having that much of an effect on me.

Anyway, I go back in three weeks, and I'll be working for our organisation again, but in a different role, and not so closely with her all the time. We both seem to have changed for the better, and I genuinely enjoy our chats. I'm looking forward to seeing her, but I think I need to be careful not to get into the friend zone; I intend to lean back a little and see what happens.

The funny thing is, my absense and adventures have sparked up greater interest from a number of women! I have many dates lined up for my return, and I'm amazed at how forward most of these women have become. Absense really does make the heart grow fonder, and a complete lack of neediness makes the heart beat faster, too, it seems. I've learned how to be a man and not a wuss, and it's working like magic.

So, many thanks again for everyone's posts on here; I've learned a lot from them. I've also been reading up on how to improve my attractiveness to women by not being quite so much of a wuss, but more of a tease, and it's really been working wonders - I recommend you all to try it (the David Deangelo ebooks have been particularly helpful, if not unnecessarily wordy).

I've been reading a lot of success stories of late, and I'm really happy for those of you who have either got back with your ex or realised that your future happiness lies with someone else. I'm not sure which I'll be, but I do know that I'll be happy either way.

Cheers, all!

I enjoyed reading your posts....I think that people that even get into a situation of gettingt heir ex back does do NC and it seems to take a good bunch of months....Tushboy just got back with his ex and it seems like it took about 8 months. I firmly believe that really loving someone is about letting them go and hoping that they find happiness. It laso takes quite a while for the ex to experience other people and only by doing that you can really see the qualities the ex had. Even you said that you had met people but none really ahd what the ex did. I think we are all guilty of think that there is someone out there who is perfect in everyway...I don't believe that anyone is perfect but a person can be a good fit. I have even thought later after being out there how awesome a person was that I either ended the relationship with or they ended with me. It was usually too late to start things again, they had moved on. I think that if there is a connection and you really do just move forward and go NC then fate will bring the two people back together when the time is right. As you said..as long as you let go and keep moving forward then if they don;t come back you are destined for a great future.

Glad to hear things are gong well for you. I'm curious about what kind of work you do...it sounds like a non-profit looking after animals? It sounds interesting...it would be great if you could elaborate a bit if you wouldn't mind sharing

Well, yes, that's what I (we) do. I took a much-needed break to have a busman's holiday over here, sharing experience with other organisations and having a fantastic time working with some incredible animals.

I'd love to elaborate more, but I really don't want to out myself. Hope you understand.

Archived