Shy people, who is your type?

Adobe GIllis

I go more or less for the sort of hyper, dominant type girls. I guess they just sort of compliment(or overshadow) my shy, quiet personality. They tend to make me feel a bit more confident in my self. The only other type I've ever really liked is the sweet smart girl type. Probably because I'm sort of the male version of it, but those are bound to fail because we're both shy and quiet.

"what type of woman do you go for?"

"the kind that goes for me..."

Sigh. I'm guilty of thinking this way. Sometimes I talk to random stranger (girl) who I'm not particularly attracted to and she is friendly and maybe a bit flirty, and pretty soon I find myself thinking that she is actually pretty attractive.

I would say my 'type' is the short, quiet, nerdy kind of girls.

I go more or less for the sort of hyper, dominant type girls. I guess they just sort of compliment(or overshadow) my shy, quiet personality. They tend to make me feel a bit more confident in my self. The only other type I've ever really liked is the sweet smart girl type. Probably because I'm sort of the male version of it, but those are bound to fail because we're both shy and quiet.

I am in this boat. And when I'm with the hyper girl, I get hyper, except when she's with hyper friends, in which case sometimes I join in, but mostly I get even more reserved than usual

I know what you mean about being in a group of hyper people.Frankly, I find it draining.

Sometimes I don't even know why I joined this because I wonder (as per my original post) if I even have the wherewithal to date anymore. I feel like the old "lifer" at the end of the bar going on about how great it was to be a roadie for Motley Crue back in the 80's. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Maybe I'm trying to hang on to the last shred of interest in developing a relationship before I just face the fact that I've missed the boat and that's a wrap. Time to become some shut-in freak like Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver-for the 70's impaired). Point of this whole thread is, I don't even know what I want anymore, and that's what being a shy-guy got me. Seriously, I suggest to anyone out there who is having communication problems not think with your head too much and get out there and experience things that can work for you. If you need meds, get 'em. If you need a makeover do that. If you find yourself in situations where the opposite sex is scarce- move, apply for a new job, or go take a ballroom dancing class. You need to be seen where you have options and you need to do it early on because the opposite sex has a bad habit of getting married-off after awhile. Then you are faced with some pretty slim pickin's. Even if opportunity arises, it's like "so what?" Basically, I got stuck in a rut by playing the shy guy for years. I don't even feel like I need meds or makeovers, but I know I can attribute this situation to consistent bad luck and being at the wrong place at the wrong time and investing too much of those times with the wrong person. Being shy got me to this because I dated those who were the wrong choice for me and I acted out of desperation. I was wrong in thinking bad love is better than no love and it really gets you nowhere. He or she leaves you and gets married off to the next guy or girl. I think I've had to hear that story at least half a dozen times. Not me, but the next guy was good enough to get her to the altar. Or Elvis....

Archived