MySpace Picture

-BK-

My $.02...

I would not delete her because it will give her the power of knowing that you even think about it. Be non-chalant (sp) about her being on your friends list. Act as if it's not a bother by leaving her in the same category that she is in right now. After all, you have bigger and better things to worry about, right?

Secondly, STOP going to her page! There are trackers out there that will show who has visited your page and when. She may or may not have one. Chances are she doesn't. But if she does, she knows when you visit. So I say again, stop going to her page b/c you have bigger and better things to worry about!!!

EDIT: AND by stopping you will move on that much faster!

I just went on facebook to waste some time and noticed my ex is not my 'friend' anymore. Im not sure why but thats really upsetting. I think i feel that slowly all connections are being erased and soon even if i do want to contact her i wont be able to anyway.

I really wouldnt be surprised if she changes her mobile number and email after we sell the house.

dave... i went through the same thing as you... it is amazing the things you can find out about a person online... all i would have to do is "google" and information would pop up... believe me, i took advantage of every single site i could, digging all and any info out there... i was killing myself slowly...

how many times do i need to have my heart/mind/soul hurt?... i did this for MONTHS!... then one day i realized the pain i was causing myself and i vowed to stop all of it... its been a year now and i have no intentions of falling off the wagon... i also completely cut off all connections with his family, especially his sister who i spoke with online... it was so hard but i had to do it for my own survival... his sister would talk about how the "family" was getting together for this and that... of course his new g/f was a part of all family get togethers... it went on and on... part of me thinks that she was trying to hurt me and another part of me thinks that she was just talking about her life... suffice it to say none of it did me any good, so i ended any contact w/her...

now i have no more referrences to hurt me... trust me, the past hurts were enough thank you... why would i want to hurt myself even more?... i thought maybe if i kept on hearing about him and his new relationship (which is now an "old" relationship) i would get immune to his life and move on... on the contrary... it only fueled me to look more, hear more, dig more (this is where i term the word "obsession")...

obsession is a sickness... the only cure i can find for my chronic depression is my anti depressants and therapy and being on here... a month ago i tried cutting back on my cymbalta (60 mgs to 30mgs)... i wanted to try and go it alone and guess what?... the SAME feelings came back with a vengence as if i was just experiencing the pain all over again... wow what a revelation... i spoke to my doctor the other day (sobbing uncontrollably) and she immediately noticed the symptoms i was having... i was instructed to "up" my meds again and you know what?... im much better now and im able to "deal"... sigh...

please try, with all of your might, to not look... its the hardest thing you will ever experience, but its definitely possible... know what i tell myself if i get the least bit interested in his life?... "you will only see him happy" or "you will only perceive him as being happy... so whats the point?... hes there with her and im not... end of story... move on beebee and fix yourself...

i still havent forgiven him though... thats the biggest hurdle of all right now... i can only hope in time i will... i definitely have to forgive myself first for being so stupid in believing in him and the beautiful things he said to me... hes now saying the same things to her... i take full responsibility for my downfall...

so there you have it dave... my little contribution... i hope it helps you...

hugs... beebee

Interesting. How did you get the courage to do that? And, how long into the breakup was it? Have you ever talked to her again?

For me, the pain was way to much to handle, so I had to do what I had to do... it was the only remedy I found that really helped me. Ehh, I would say 2 months into the breakup. We dated 4 years.

nothing wrong with doing that either, if thats what you need to do

Absolutely. Seeing her myspace picture with her new boyfriend killed a part of me everyday, until I finally told myself I need to let go.

i dont really care to use it anymore, but i used a site that would track ip addresses and the time they visited your page. so if "joe smith" left me a comment at 3:00pm on a certain day, i'd go to that site and enter their name next to that ip address.

thats the best i could come up with....

my advice would be not to delete but to stop going on myspace for a while. that way you will not be tempted to see her page.

the reason i started posting here was because of a picture and a comment i saw on my ex's myspace page. this was in the latter part of september i steered clear of myspace through the entire month of october and around the end of december i checked my page and there was a comment from my ex. her profile pic was her by herself...a day later she changed it... i did not want to relapse into depression so i deleted her comment that way i would not see the changes she would make on her page. i vowed to take another hiatus from myspace until i am strong enough to deal with whatever may come my way. btw, she is not a friend on my page, but she left a message anyway.

basically, i have said all of this to say just take a break from myspace for about a month or however much time you think you might need. it will definitely help...i speak from experience.

My $.02...

I would not delete her because it will give her the power of knowing that you even think about it. Be non-chalant (sp) about her being on your friends list. Act as if it's not a bother by leaving her in the same category that she is in right now. After all, you have bigger and better things to worry about, right?

Secondly, STOP going to her page! There are trackers out there that will show who has visited your page and when. She may or may not have one. Chances are she doesn't. But if she does, she knows when you visit. So I say again, stop going to her page b/c you have bigger and better things to worry about!!!

EDIT: AND by stopping you will move on that much faster!

I can always count on you for good advice, bildit. I hope things are going well for you? I'll PM you to get the latest on the letter...

Since I'm a Network Administrator for a living, and I know of no such way to do this, I'd appreciate it if you enlightened me as to how it could be done.

As I am a network admin as well, but that is irrelevant.

there are always ways to see who views your profile, if you really really cared. theres always ways. however, its illegal and i don't want to get banned here..

Archived