Would you be mad?

Pinkbunny

So I was having a conversation with my boyfriend of 1 year the other day that really upset me. We were talking about my graduation in May 2008 from college. He said he might not go. When I asked him why he said b/c he "won't be here." Then I said, "what are you talking about?" He said, "oh yeah I'm gonna be in Arizona. I said, "what?" He said "I'm starting my physical therapy program in January 2008." I said, "oh. well you could get a flight to California." He said "well I dont know if I'll be able to get the day off from work though." and blah blah blah. End of conversation.

He basically was dancing around my questions and brushing it off like it was no big deal. I got the "hint" he was not excited and did not want to come. He didn't even say he wanted to come but was sorry he couldnt. I really get the sense that my accomplishments mean nothing to him.

I'm really hurt. Why did he NOT tell me this a long time ago? (him moving to Arizona). What does everyone think. Feel free to be brutally honest..because I think its really messed up he didn't tell me earlier.

Hmmm...I had a similar situation. Where a BF enlisted in the Navy without even telling me. I was too young at the time (and inexperienced) to realize that this was a sign that I wasn't his top priority. About 8 months later, I broke up with him because his lack of commitment (granted, he WAS overseas by then and that made it tough) and communication was too much.

I don't know how long you've been dating, if you all consider yourself in the relationship for the long haul or not, but if that HAS been the sentiment, then I would see his behavior as a betrayal to you and the relationship.

He didn't discuss his future plans with you AND he's telling you about them a month from the time he's supposed to leave. What was he going to do? Just get on a plane one day and not TELL you?!

Time to jump ship, lady! Just do it before you let yourself get hurt even more. Don't wait for him to leave, don't try to do a LDR. He doesn't deserve you!

So you never even told he was MOVING in a month?

Yeah, sorry hon but you aren't much of a priority in his life. I can definitely say there is no way if you are serious about someone and a relationship you would NOT discuss this first....that does not mean he would not go of course as in a healthy relationships you support one another's personal development however for him to never DISCUSS this with you and not even TELL you until now....

This issue is about far more than him not coming to your graduation hon....he is not considering you in his future plans I have to say.

I think this is one guy you need to walk away from.

i don't think this is about your accomplishments or graduation, but more like he intends to break up with you when he moves... so this info could have 'slipped' when he didn't mean to tell you yet.

i would start talking to him now about what this move means in terms of your relationship and whether it will continue or not...

Archived