Are we or just I an obvious guy?

RedPenguin

I tend to smile at girls who I find attractive.

I didn't think they really noticed that much, because I never really seemed to get a reply back.

Yet, I've had a few people tell me, they could tell that I was attracted to a certain girl because of the way that I was acting.

Do I just run in to girls that are not interested in me or something? I mean, how do others that I'm not flirting with, tell I'm flirting, yet I don't get a response normally from the flirtee?

Are all guys this obvious when they like a girl or am I just unique?

nah u are certainly not alone. The problem is the places in which choose to flirt like the mall , people will be shopping so thereforeeee there attention is else where people who are your friend know youur flirting cause u act differently it doesn't mean people outside know . Try to approach the person whom u like and build a conversation with them and see what happeans

You said you smile at girls that you find attractive and that you don't get a "response" back. What kind of response are they supposed to give back to you in response to a smile?

Where are you meeting them at? In passing? At work? At school?

Do they see you? Do they smile back?

If they smile back, are you expecting them to approach you?

If a guy smiles at me, I may or may not smile back, but then I'll just keep going on about my business, whether or not I find him attractive. In my opinion, if he's interested in me, he'll approach me.

Most guys are really obvious to outside observers. Usually if you're flirting with a girl, she may think you're just being friendly. However, other people (especially other girls) are likely to notice that you're paying more attention to that girl and not to them, and will interpret this as attraction/interest to that girl.

Yeah, I know, I do say something now when I see a girl that I'm interested in.

I just meant casual flirting, like looking at each other and smiling and stuff like that.

I don't seem to get girls that flirt back for some reason. Then again I run in to a lot of girls that already have boyfriends.

Yeah, I know, I do say something now when I see a girl that I'm interested in.

I just meant casual flirting, like looking at each other and smiling and stuff like that.

I don't seem to get girls that flirt back for some reason. Then again I run in to a lot of girls that already have boyfriends.

Are you maybe smiling TOO much at them or hovering over them? That will give them the creeps.

Do you think a smile from a guy definitely means he's interested? I once had a guy smile at me as I was sat on a sofa not talking to anyone and he was a few feet away. He looked over and smiled. I smiled back. That was all. I didn't take it as him being interested in me though. But now I'm wondering if that meant he was. Do guys ONLY smile at girls they like? Or do guys smile to 'be friendly' too? Maybe the girls you've smiled at didn't realise you were actually attracted to them. Or do they not even smile back at you in a friendly manner?

So they don't smile back.....so you have two choices....

You either move on or you keep trying with them.

And try not to take it personally.

I know there have been times when I've been out and about and have been upset about something going on in my life and occasionally a guy might smile at me.

Ok, I'll be honest with you, almost all of the time, I don't get smiled at by a guy I'd be interested in.

But my point is, sometimes I don't smile back because I'm not even interested in guys at that moment. I'm too upset about other things. People DO have problems in their lives and aren't all in the flirting mode at all times.

And then there are women who don't smile back because the last several guys who flirted with them turned out to be married or in a serious relationship and so these women don't want to bother to flirt anymore.

And there are the women who don't smile back because they're in a serious relationship themselves.

There are women who don't smile back because the guy is making them feel uncomfortable for some reason (he stares too much, he invades her space, etc...)

There are women who don't smile back because when they smile back the guy never bothers to ask them out so they figure what's the point of smiling?

It could be any of these reasons.

In my opinion you're concentrating too much on it and you should be more natural.

And if you do smile at a woman and she smiles back and want it to go somewhere, follow it up by asking her out.

Do you think a smile from a guy definitely means he's interested? I once had a guy smile at me as I was sat on a sofa not talking to anyone and he was a few feet away. He looked over and smiled. I smiled back. That was all. I didn't take it as him being interested in me though. But now I'm wondering if that meant he was. Do guys ONLY smile at girls they like? Or do guys smile to 'be friendly' too? Maybe the girls you've smiled at didn't realise you were actually attracted to them. Or do they not even smile back at you in a friendly manner?

I've never smiled at a girl (that I didn't know) I wasn't attracted to

Archived