so whats the deal with loosing your boobs after having a baby?

Krystal_Ivy

All these girls in my class were talking about how they went down two cup sizes after having a baby! they said their boobs got bigger while breast feeding. Then they deflated!! they said they sagged and disappeared. (unless they are the ones who gained alot of weight and kept it on) or didn't breastfeed.

It scared me. because I am small already and will have nothing left but nipples!

Hmm, I did not breastfeed so mine did not get smaller frmo childbirth but my mom did breastfeed and i never noticed hers getting smaller at all. She was a C prior and still is a C.

What i do think happens is like melrich mentioned the stretching of tissue - the getting very large and then going back down after breastfeeding makes the skin looser and makes the breasts SEEM smaller due to the loose skin but the size should remain the same.

Going from an A to a C after breastfeeding seems very atypical to me.

From everything i have ever heard about breastfeeding - both from reading and actual testimonials from women - is that breastfeeding has way more benefit than not doing it both for the body itself and the baby. Women who breastfeed tend to go back to "pre birth" weight and shape a little quicker.

I heard that it was a myth that it's the breastfeeding that affects the looks of your boobs - it's actually just the pregnancy. Your boobs will be programmed to inflate no matter what you do... they will deflate afterwards, thereforeeee look smaller.

I don't think I could really get any smaller as I don't really have any fat in my boobs lol!

I heard that it was a myth that it's the breastfeeding that affects the looks of your boobs - it's actually just the pregnancy. Your boobs will be programmed to inflate no matter what you do... they will deflate afterwards, thereforeeee look smaller.

I don't think I could really get any smaller as I don't really have any fat in my boobs lol!

I agree Mousty. I think they SEEM smaller because they get smaller so quickly.

The story of someone going from a C to an A cup sounds like a huge exaggeration.

exactly! me neither.

I agree Mousty. I think they SEEM smaller because they get smaller so quickly.

The story of someone going from a C to an A cup sounds like a huge exaggeration.

No. she did. I saw it happen. And it happened to a classmate of mine also. I even notice it with celebrities. Like gwen stefani. She was VERY flat pre-baby. then she was big during pregnancy and after wile she was breast feeding. And now she's flat again. My mom's boobs got bigger by two cup sizes, but that's because she gained weight and didn't loose it.

No. she did. I saw it happen. And it happened to a classmate of mine also. I even notice it with celebrities. Like gwen stefani. She was VERY flat pre-baby. then she was big during pregnancy and after wile she was breast feeding. And now she's flat again. My mom's boobs got bigger by two cup sizes, but that's because she gained weight and didn't loose it.

Was she small before she got pregnant?

It just seems kinda out there that a woman is a 'c' cup BEFORE pregnancy but goes down to a 'a' cup after?

If you're scared that pregnancy and nursing will ruin the aesthetic appeal of your breasts... well, it will. Sorry. Unless you're one of the lucky few with good genes.

I will still breast feed. I don't wanna be selfish. I was just wondering because like I said earlier, I have barely any boobs already

Well, boobs are made up of fat tissue. If you lose weight, so will your boobs. That's the good thing about having some extra pounds; your boobs are bigger, you have more cleavage. Lose some weight, have a tighter booty but a flatter chest. That's basically how it goes.

Also, it is not the breastfeeding that makes your boobs sag, it is the pregnancy hormones. Also, my childbirthing instructor said it's genetic. So ladies, ASK YOUR MOTHERS! If they sagged, you probably will too.

I asked my mom the other day and she told me that hers did not sag (and she breastfed all three kids), though they have as she aged. So I guess mine will not, but they will as I get older. There's nothing you can do.

I like having boobs. D's. When I was a lot thinner I never had anything more than B's. Perky B's, but still b's.

Archived