If opposites attract, do shy like other shies?

RedPenguin

I'm just curious, they always say opposites attract, even though I've witnessed non-opposites attracting.

I'm just curious if many shy people go for shy partners.

I'm a shy type of guy, and it's like every time I go for a girl, she's also either a shy or quiet girl. I think it's because I feel I have things in common, and I always get more curious about them, it's like they are secretive or something. Outgoing people, it's much easier to figure out what they are like. Shy people, it's like, you don't know if they are attracted to a person or note. With outgoing people it's way easier to tell, in my opinon.

I'm just a little curious, if it's just my preference, or if shy people actually do many times go for shy partners.

Any shy people here care to give their preference?

my my my you have a question for every scenario dont you

you think too much................log off and go talk too that girl you talked about in another thread and invite her over for jello and cheese sammiches

as far as your question, your attracted too what your attracted too it just happens sometimes its the same sometimes it not the same but its more than likely not what you wanted that your attracted too

There aren't specific rules as to who attracts who. Sure, shy people can be attracted to shy people. In fact I'd say that a shy/gregarious combo is probably the least ideal in many situations because then the shy person can feel overrun with the gregarious person's social lifestyle.

But I have seen it work that way as well.

Yeah that's definitely the case for me, I'm more attracted to shy guys because I feel they're on the same page as me. They are also usually more sensitive and there aren't too many shy players out there either!! Only problem is the one I have my eye on will look and flirt from a distance but won't come up and talk to me it's really frustrating.

my my my you have a question for every scenario dont you

you think too much................log off and go talk too that girl you talked about in another thread and invite her over for jello and cheese sammiches

as far as your question, your attracted too what your attracted too it just happens sometimes its the same sometimes it not the same but its more than likely not what you wanted that your attracted too

my sentiments exactly. you can only learn so much from reading about what women want or how to approach them. nothing beats experience.

It can be very difficult for two very shy people to actually get off the ground in the dating scene. It happens, but it is harder. One or the other needs to take some initiative. If one can do that, then it can work.

Opposites attract is an old wives tale. People who are very much alike can and do get together everyday of the week. "Like attracts like" is another common saying. Reason is because both scenarios can and do work.

Well in this case I wouldn't expect the opposites to fit very well. I'm very shy and I prefer guys who are shy...he's gotta be able to carry on a natural conversation with me though.

If he's shy, he's not going to be able to carry on a natural conversation with you until he gets over his shyness.

That's like saying you like a guy who is horny but doesn't have a penis.

If he's shy, he's not going to be able to carry on a natural conversation with you until he gets over his shyness.

That's like saying you like a guy who is horny but doesn't have a penis.

It can happen...I have a few friends who are shy but still managed to strike up a conversation with me and carry on a conversation because we just "clicked" but they don't say a whole lot to most people. Just like me...some people I can say a lot to write off the bat, but with most people I'm lucky to get two words out. But yeah, I'm sure there are people I'll never get to know because of my shyness or theirs, but it's great when it works out.

Also online dating can be an option for shy people...that would make it a bit easier I imagine.

Also online dating can be an option for shy people...that would make it a bit easier I imagine.

I am no stranger to online dating. It sounds like you are because you "imagine" that it would be easier. It definitely is. You can be anonymous, you don't even have to show a pic (but that decreases your chances), and you can go at a nice slow pace.

Sooner or later you will have to get on the phone and that can be a tough transition for some shy people, especially if the IMing and emailing has been going on for a while.

I like shy girls, cause it's funny.

It seems like when a girl is shy and is in to you, they always seem to do similar things.

I've seen shy girls, where I swear, they will look at you, then you will "catch" them, then they suddenly look away, like they never looked.

Then they look again, you "catch" then looking and turning away.

I've seen many shy girls, do this looking and looking away think over and over.

I guess it must just be a natural reaction of shyness.

I like shy girls... in some ways, more so than the loud, obnoxious ones anyway.

As a rule, I'm not shy... but I am with good looking females.

To be honest, I don't really care if she is shy or not... as long as I like her otherwise. And if she is shy too... I don't know how I'd ever get with her, since no one would talk to anyone! lol How would that work?

Only with magnets.

If opposites attracted in human mating, every nerd would be paired with a preppy popular girl.

I'm athletic and active, so I am attracted primarily to those types of girls, as well as the slightly more tomboyish ones. Not that I wouldn't give others a chance

yeah and? you aren't shy and shy are you?

I love how life works.

I can't believe my luck with women now.

I am not a player or stud or anything in that sense.

But, I was extremely shy in High School and not popular, and girls wouldn't even give me a chance, especially if they heard any rumors about me.

Now, other then stop being so darn shy, it's like my luck has completely changed. I am getting noticed way more then I ever did in High School and not being picked on and teased to insanity now.

My question is, was it actually my shyness, High School, or both that was my failure to ever get female attention in High School?

I just find it so interesting, that I am fairly the same guy I was in High School, yet now I get attention when I was ignored before. I mean in High School, pretty much every girl, wouldn't even give me a look at least. Now, even High School girls check me out now. I love how High School girls didn't check me out in High School but now I get High School girls checking me out after High School. It's like some weird twist. LoL.

I mean in High School, pretty much every girl, wouldn't even give me a look at least. Now, even High School girls check me out now. I love how High School girls didn't check me out in High School but now I get High School girls checking me out after High School.

*Shrugs*

That's the way the world works... girls like to date up. This girl I was crazy over in high school dated exclusively college freshmen. Then when I moved for college, girls from local high schools would come to university events, and one of them was all over me.

Do shy people sometimes get "unshy" instead of scared when they like someone?

Are you talking about sudden bouts of courage? This happened with the first phone number I got from a girl... maybe because she was acting approachable (hint to the ladies), or maybe because I have a hidden Superman within, I made small talk and then was bold and got her number. I was so surprised at myself...

So yes, I guess it's possible. Depends on the circumstances. I've kind of regressed over the past 6 months unfortunately. On the road to recovery!

Archived