Has Anyone Ever.................

Yes.

I called her my ex-fiancee.

She decided she'd rather be with someone else... but you know, as hurt as I was when she did that, I had my doubts about her too. I broke up with her a few times (even though it was only for a couple days or so at a time) before this happened. I just didn't have God's peace that she was the 'right' person for me. But I always caved and went back to her.

Turns out, I was right. I'm glad we never married. I'd be divorced by now... God forbid. So I'm further off now, to be honest.

If this sort of thing has happened to you, see it as a blessing and as God's way of saying that is not the right man for you.

I almost decided to get married cause my ex insurance guy/friend asked, (I just broke up with someone) and I'd decided I wanted security only.... not love) and came to my senses a week later.... hurt his feelings... but oh well.....whatever.....

Sounds to me like maybe they might have been a great person. Just not the person of your dreams. You want someone you can't live without, not just someone you can live with. When you truly meet that person. You will want to make it last. Not everyday will be wonderful. And you will not always feel butterfly's. But you will feel a sense of completion. And that things will be better because you have each other. Find someone who makes you want to live. And then go make your own dreams together.

I think that typically happens when the person is unwilling to put in the effort to reinvigorate the spark and is more in love with love than with the real person. If you don't nurture a relationship - and that can require work -- the feelings can fade.

Well, I've worn the other shoe. I met the man I wanted to spend my life with, he proposed, and then 3 months later broke up with me. I never received much of a response except that he felt 'too pressured' to get married, even after proposing!

So...perhaps there are some committment and/or pressure issues you and your SO should address before committing to getting married? It's important that the time is right for both of you.

But...if the feelings fade, and it's more serious than just a random phase of 'boredom' or 'lost sparks' (which happens in all relationships!), then you need to rethink the relationship entirely!

Archived