another one of those 'she contacted me' threads

its been around 2 months since the breakup, and 1.25 months of little to no contact (initiated by me). she last contacted me to express anger for not 'letting' her see my/our dog (details here).

today she IMed again, to say hi. i'm sure it was to test the waters of conversation between us. she asked if i still hated her enough to not be friends. i said that i never said i hated her. but i let her know that i feel like it's still too hard to try and be friends with her. she said she understood, but that she really misses panda (the dog).

for whatever reason i said that i'm sorry about the situation, but maybe we can make an arrangement to meet up sometime somewhere so she can see and play with her. i had originally gotten the dog for us and she truly did treat her like it was her own child and loved her, so i do feel a bit bad.

i honestly don't think this was a case of me giving into some hope or desire to have her back as a gf, i think at this point i still am healing, but i am at a point where i'm ok with the idea of hey, it didn't work out between us, let's try and move on.

but i dunno, now i'm just worried that once/if we do meet up, i am going to be regressing all the hard work and healing i've done up to this point. as soon as she starts talking about her personal life and whatnot i'm scared that i'm gonna breakdown again and give in to any repressed longing to be with her.

any suggestions? any thoughts on how i handled this? the conversation basically ended after she replied 'yay' when i suggested setting a meeting place and she said she hopes panda hasn't forgotten her. i said i doubt it and that was pretty much it.

to my credit, i've somehow refrained from even adding her back to my buddy list and checking out her profile or anything like that on back

ignore her.. If she only misses your dog and not you forget it. What does that say about her feelings toward you?

If, on the other hand, it is an excuse to see you then maybe you have something to go on. Otherwise forget it.. she can buy herself her own dog if she wants one so badly (and feed it and clean up after it - she will get all the benefits without any work by visiting with your dog.. reminds me of SD's toys in a toybox theory.. she comes over, takes out the toy, plays with it, and when she is done returns it back to you to look after until she comes back for more enjoyment)

Meeting in a park is a good idea! Your dog can run around and if you are up to it you two can walk together and see how things go between you. If she ignores you and spends all the time with your dog, I guess you have your answer!

The only way for you to move on is to be away from her.

Archived