My girlfriend and I have been together a little over a year, about half the time were together she seems really happy and all about being with me. The other half, she is distant and very unaffectionate. When I point it out to her she says she's just tired. She also seems very disinterested in sex most of the time and shoots me down when I try to make an advance. When she is interested she's the iniator and she's aggressive about it.

Any idea what could be prompting the hot and cold attitude?

I'm not needy or clingy, if anything, that's her. When ever I'm not around she begs me to come over and if I don't she comes to me.

It's kind of hard to explain, it's mainly just with me but when she's doing it with me, her behavior towards other people seems more forced and like an act. I don't know if that makes any sense, and when I asked her about that, she told me that it's because she's comfortable being her self around me and that she knows I won't judge her if she's not perfect all the time.

Hmmm...that's quite odd behaviour. So this on/off - hot/cold behaviour is her being herself??! That would make me wonder. If it really is her being herself then she has a few issues that need to be sorted out. The problem clearly lies with her, not you.

Do you think that it may in fact be the other way around? I.e. that for whatever reason, she doesn't feel she can be herself around you? You really need to get to the bottom of that to be honest. Hopefully she is communicative enough for you two to sort it out.

Good luck!

Archived