Do I have reason to be jealous? Please help!!!

shazza

I've just started seeing this guy (about 3 months or more) and all is going great except one thing. He constantly mentions his ex, which didn't bother me too much at first (since I talked about my ex a lot as well, since we only broke up about 7 months ago and have remained close friends). But the problem is, he says they're best friends and up until recently they both worked together, but I've noticed lately he's constantly making bitter comments about how many guys she goes out with, how her attitude has changed, how she's become easy etc etc. He's told me that she's jealous of us, and she calls him at least 2 or 3 times a day, and they see eachother often....but I find it weird that he would speak so harshly of her to me? He's also avoiding introducing us, which I didn't care about since I haven't introduced him to many of my friends/family yet.....but, I sense that there's more to it. For one thing, he didn't tell me she was an ex girlfriend until I asked (because he spoke about her so much), and they only broke up recently. He's quite a private person, so I don't know how it ended and haven't asked...I don't see how its any of my business. But its just bugging me the way he talks about her and the fact he talks about her so often...could he be putting her down to hide his true feelings? Cos it seems like he's still bitter about something...yet he sees her almost as much (if not more) then he sees me. And he says she's his 'best friend' yet he speaks about her so sarcastically. What do you guys think?? Am I being paranoid???

I don't think your paranoid. No one likes hearing about their boyfriend/girlfriends ex, especially if it has anything to do with them being best friends. It would make me question his true feelings too.

I suggest you have a talk with him. Tell him you think its great that they are still close, but it makes you feel a little uncomfortable when he talks about her all the time. I mean, they are friends, so he's free to talk about her sometimes, but when its like every time you see him, thats just too much.

To me, it kind of seems as though maybe he still has feelings for her. Maybe you should question how he feels about her next time he starts talking about her.

I would say definantly talk to him about it. Say something like "its awesome that you can remain good friends with your ex after you have broken up, but it makes me feel uncomfortable when you talk about her to me a lot. I like hearing this stuff, but sometimes it makes me question if you still have feelings for her."

Hi,

When a man starts talking way too much about a girl you know he likes her. I think he still cares about her--I mean look how involved he is.

Next time he brings her up you should ( very calmly) change the subject. Don't allow him to talk to you about her because this changes things, all of a sudden you are " the shoulder he cries on" instead of the girl he is dating. Try it.

I agree with both posts above. This guy is still pining for her. Someone's who over someone doens't care or talk about them any longer. They are PAST. Keep your eyes open and I would suggest you meet her and try to see her WITH him. That if he is seeing her as a "friend". Or follow the advice above and refuse to listen to him talking about her.