Supposed to be good.

Well if you did read anything by me before you would know me and my boyfriend broke up, so I will not be actually having sex for a long time hopefully. Yes I know I am only 16, but it is not like I did not want to, and it is not like it was on the spur of the moment. I waited and me and my first were together for over a year. I do no regret it at all, but that is not what I wanted to ask.

See I always heard before that sex is supposed to be something wonderful, and feels incredible. It really never did too much for me. Maybe a slight good feeling, but really it was nothing to get excited about. I just wanted to know if maybe its me? Maybe I just do not get anything from it. That is possible right? It could be him I suppose but then again I have a friend who has done it with many guys and gets nothing really out of it. Are most girls like this? Or just the unlucky handful?

First thing right off the bat, There is nothing wrong with you

i just recently had a conversation with my 18 year old daughter, no not the birds and bees conversation, but the "pleasure" conversation, she is still a virgin and I love her and want her to someday be confident and enjoy sex someday when she meets the right guy, yeah you could say im pretty modern dad.

One of the things I talked to her about was not to expect too much at first, the man shes with will probably not have much experience if any, and you will be nervous, and the first time could be a little bit painful, I told her not to be afraid and not to worry that eventually youll become more comfortable with each other, and the pain will go away and turn to pleasure, but the best advise i could give her was to learn to pleasure her self first, for her to learn to reach orgasm by herself.

In my personal experience, I have been the first for 2 women in my life, and I know it can be uncomfortable for them and not very pleasurable, and i do try and make the experience the best possible for them, it IS a special moment for them and i try and erase the fear. I explained to them everything im going to do, no surprises.

So what i can say to you is , its not your fault, youll discover the pleasurable sensations inside of you, your partner was probably not very experienced, and its just something that could take a bit of practice. if you have never had an orgasm, learn to have one, I believe that once your comfortable with your body, and can "tune-in" to the sensations, it will all come to you. (pardon the pun).

Agreed. Don't worry too much - if your boyfriend was a teenager like you, he can't have had too much experience. From the sounds of it, he may not have even been bringing you to orgasm. Just keep masturbating, and be open to anything and everything that gives you pleasure. If you think there's room for improvement in terms of the physical sensations, set aside more time for self-pleasure, and maybe invest in a vibrator or other toys. They're every girl's best friend! Also, in your next relationship that comes to the sexual level, be sure to talk openly and frankly about the issue of what pleases you and what you can do to please your boyfriend. That way you'll both know which buttons to push, eliminating a lot of the guesswork and blind trial and error involved with so many first-timers.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm a 19 year old male. and i have had quite a few sexual encounters.. all have left me with a total lack of pleasure.. to be honest.. its even hard for me to get an erection now as time goes by.. i've had sex with all diffrent sizes and shapes of girls.. and difrent positions and fetishes.. it doesnt help.. in fact the only time i can stay erect is when i receive oral sex.. i'm pretty sure it's because the vigina can not produce enough pressure to stimulate my penis.. is there something i can do to become more sensitive, if not what advice you you guy's give to a young man who seems to be becoming impotent.

p.s. if i can get erect with a young lady, i cannot climax, i have never been able to.

• 4 weeks later...

I have never orgasmed from sex. I too am a female, and I had expectations that sex was going to be fantastic. No one told me that it actually is quite common for women to be unable to orgasm simply from penetration.

My boyfriend and I introduce other things into our sex, like clitoral stimulation etc. This is the only way that I can orgasm during penetrative sex.

Even so, having an orgasm is not important for me so much anymore during sex. It's about being close to my boyfriend, and sharing the experience. After-all it is still pleasurable, just not enough to take me over the edge. That is what mutual masturbation/oral sex can do- before or after sex.