Falling in love so hard that it hurts so bad...

First of all, I guess I should day that I am not naive, and most definitely not stupid. There has been only twice that I have followed my heart and it has never been wrong yet.

My problem or situation is not real simple, but could be answered simply.

I have no idea what happened to me, or what my mind could have been thinking. But I finally decided to go for a woman that I had my eye on for a while. I passed her up for someone else initially, but now that I have taken the time to actually get to know her, she has completely wow-ed me to the point of stupidity. I can't stop thinking about her, she makes me feel like I am the best thing in the world, and she always wants to be with me. She thinks that I am just what she has been looking for.

On my side, she has been the most wonderful thing and I have totally and unconditionally fallen in love with her. This is all within a span of just a few months. Am I crazy? Or should I just follow my heart like I feel I should? I have had nothing but bad cheating relationships, and she, regardless of who is around, only pays attention to me. I love it. I love it all. I finally found someone who is worthy of my time. I just hope that I am worth hers. Am I just too worried that this is all just a "honeymoon" stage in a relationship? She is honest and sincere, but I am not used to it. Again, I have fallen completely in love with this woman, and I am just afraid that I am reacting on goodness and the love that she gives me rather than what it really could turn out to be. Am I too skeptical? Am I too worrysome? Should I just let things go and watch a possible perfect relationship unfold? I am scared. I have never had this kind of attention and I just don't want to say or do anything stupid to ruin what could be the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would give all the money in the world just to have an answer for my feelings that I can't control. Anyway, someone, anyone, please tell me that I worry too much and this is just something that I should accept and love than to sit and nitpick about it. Thank you. I would do anything in the world to make this work.

Anything!

Yes, follow your heart. This is the one major rule that I have elarned to live by. Your heart will never lead you astray. You sound like you are completley in love, you have said this. Try to go with the flow. These are tips that I have had to larn in my current relationship. I feel the same way about my bf, struck in awe. If she is being open and honest with you, trust her. If she is giving you all the attention you need, accept it and return it. It is naturalt to be a skeptic because it feels too good to be true, but try to live through this one day at a time and not worry about what will or wont happen. This will only dampen your spirits. Enjoy what you have been given and although the giddiness may not last forever, the love will prevail.

As already been stated, follow your heart. Also do not live in fear of your past relationships. Everyone is unique from the next. If you live in fear you will never move on with your life. Most everything in life is a gamble. Remember in life you gamble because you aim for what is good, what is fun, not what is bad. So take this chance and be with this woman the way you desire.

• 4 weeks later...

It is not that difficult to be in love! It is a funny feeling at first, but your affection for her will change eventually. Marriage and long-term relationships have many things in common. You say you havn't had a successful love affair so far, well maybe you never met the right person for you until now. We go through many stages in life, and you have probably seen most of them in others and never felt that way before now!

Your intense emotions will subside eventually, but that is normal, we cannot live in that level of arousal always, it is too much stress on us; it is ok to let your emotions slide back at times. Never criticize her however, women hate that and she will always remember the pain involved!

Go for it. You deserve it, you've waited a long time for this and you can be sure that your feelings will change, but love never dies or goes away, it can be rekindled at a moments notice.

Good Luck!

• 5 weeks later...

I envy you that you have found someone who seems as interested in you as you are in her. I would say follow your heart but also listen to that little voice inside of you too that should be there resisting all the overwhelmingly wonderful feelings flowing from your heart. I don't know how much of a sensitive you are, but that voice can save you if you listen to it. As someone who is just recovering from a very painful long distance breakup, I would suggest that you both make sure you aren't holding back any deep dark secrets if you want to make this work. My best advice to make it succeed is being perfectly frank with each other. If you have questions of her ask them, and don't be afraid, even if they seem uncomfortable to you. Honesty builds trust and that's the foundation of a long lasting relationship.