I like her. She likes me. I'm afraid.

Ciri

I've been very close friends with this girl for 2 years now and last year I've had a huge crush on her but I kept it in and forced myself to move on because to me, she felt so out of my league as a girlfriend even though we're extremely close as friends (Although I've never fully moved on, she still had a place in my heart). Skip a year, I had weird experiences with different crushes and she had a boyfriend that was so trash to her and they eventually broke up. A few weeks ago I randomly confessed that I liked her last year and she surprised me by saying that she liked me in the same time span too, I didn't know how to feel about that information tbh. A couple days later she revealed that she still likes me and I told her that I feel the same way, but we were so confused by how randomly this all happened and I'm not mentally 100% available as I have very important exams going on and I didn't want everything to collide and not give a side the attention it deserves. We both agreed to figure it out after I'm done with my exams and that I should put my full concentration on them for now.

Truth is, I just can't seem to put much concentration on studying since she's in my thoughts 24/7 and I'm constantly feeling mixed emotions between excited, anxious and afraid. This will be my first relationship ever and I'm afraid to screw up and ruin our friendship that's very dear to me due to my inexperience, I'm afraid things will become awkward between us and I still find it VERY unbelievable that she likes ME and in my mind I'm constantly doubting it and it's destroying me. I'm afraid of the fact that things will never be the same. For some reason I'm feeling very insecure even though I might very well be in love with her already. I'm not sure if those feelings are normal or not but I would love some advice on this. Thank you.

Archived