Felling lost

So sort story

I worked for a couple of years after school in sales and sourcing products finding clients and so on.

After that I started my first start up went no where but was a great experience. I started another one that was a none starter and then started a company and now we are working on selling it.

I have a couple of programmers working on the next project just waiting for it. Month behind schedule.

Im selling life insurance and life saving plans in the mean time while we finish the sale and the next project is ready. I hate it. Im not motivated to go in the morning I just toke it as a in between projects and its just boring as .

Its a lot like being an entrepreneur cause there is no salary only bonuses.

But Im feeling lost and I dont know what to do.

I dont have any money that might change after the sale maybe a lot maybe just comfortable while the next project gets started.

But I have been thinking what I want to do with my life or where I want to live. Im just lost about it and feel at 36 I should know.

Im tired of being broke.

But I dont just want a job I want the next project. But I have been thinking maybe I should get a job.

But honestly when I was searching for a job a lot of companies wouldn't hire me cause I was an entrepreneur.

Im just looking for advice maybe someone has been in this position or anyone that has advice.

are their jobs you think would fit better for an entrepreneur? Is this normal just feeling a little lost inbetween projects mabey like an actor or something.

are there type of companies that would like to hire entrepreneurs?

I have heard about Intra-preneurs?

I hate the fact I dont have an industry that I love or I´m interested in more then others. I like tech, sales, NFL for example.

I dont know, Im frustrated and just feeling in limbo and lost.

If you are good at sales, why not pursue that seriously? Sounds like that would very much suit your needs for being active, working independently and making good money doing it.

Of course, selling life insurance might not be your niche. In your shoes, I'd explore more what kind of sales job would most appeal to you and go for it. In addition to type, you need to find the right culture fit. Meaning that if you need guidance and outside motivation, you should look for that. If you want to be left alone to do your thing, you should look for that. Some companies have a very strong, well developed sales team culture - there is a lot of training, a lot of support, your daily morning rah rah rah now go get 'em type atmosphere. If you need to be energized, it's a good fit. If that kind of stuff will drive you nuts, stay away.

You might need to get your hands dirty and try out a few jobs. A good friend of mine is an awesome salesman, but he'll be the first to tell you that it took him quite a few jobs and time to finally figure out where he fits in and what kind of selling makes him happy. Once he found it, he has never looked back. He thrives in it, but it wasn't always like that. So you are not alone.

Well, you don't give a lot of details about what your companies were doing, but high-tech sales can be quite lucrative. Companies like IBM, Dell-EMC, etc. sell big computer systems in the millions with big commissions. Software companies are always beating the bushes for clients. You really have to pick a field and go after jobs in that field. Look around at the largest companies that are in your location, assume they need salesmen, and go after them.

Archived