Is she not interested anymore?

Pacman1234

Hey everyone, I don't post here often but I need some advice. I've been dating this girl for abiut 3 months now. There's lots of chemistry and we connect really well with each other. (I'm 28 and she is 26). We haven't really discussed if we're considered exclusive to each other but its heading towards that direction, we are taking things slow for personal reasons, we haven't slept together yet but have fooled around with each other, the sexual chemistry is definitely there.

Recently one of my friends sent her a message saying "congratulations, you two make a cute couple". I haven't introduced her to my friends yet and she hasn't even met my friend who sent her the message yet. I found it kind of annoying why he would message her and just say that when we aren't really considered in a relationship, nothing is labeled.

I think she freaked out a bit because we were suppose to have plans on meeting up and she canceled 3 hours prior, saying she's not in the mood to go out, she's feeling sad and hasn't messaged ever since. We don't text 24/7 because we both have full time jobs and other hobbies that keep us occupied. I haven't seen her in 2 weeks becsuse I just got back from vacation and usually we meet up once or twice a week.

She's a great girl and I haven't felt this way about a girl in a very long time, I haven't dated anyone in 3 years just so I can focus on myself.

How do you think I should handle this?

It is concerning that she wouldn't be excited to see you after you've been away 2 weeks. How did your friend get her phone number or did he send her a Facebook private message or otherwise? If I thought someone gave out my phone number without my permission, I'd be pissed.

Since she cancelled on you, it's really up to her to reach out to you if she wishes. If you want to know what's going on to clarify if she's ending things or just needed time alone, you can call her (call, not text) one or two days after the fact and ask her how she's feeling. You could then apologize for your crazy friend and explain why what happened, happened, and that you made it clear to him that he was wrong to send her a message. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

That is really weird about your friend, I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me. Especially before I had discussed/agreed to exclusivity with someone - even if it is implied, that conversation and step in a relationship is, to me, private - one of those milestones that you share WITH the person you like. So maybe she's wondering what you've been saying to your friends about her. It just screams discomfort to me

Maybe apologise on your friend's behalf and ask that friend not to contact her like that again. And check in with her/where she's at... find out when she's free next. Sometimes life gets in the way and it can be hard to see someone consistently

Don't make assumptions, try to keep the momentum going. If she doesn't reciprocate within a week or so, maybe just drop your efforts until/unless she steps it up

Hey everyone, I don't post here often but I need some advice. I've been dating this girl for abiut 3 months now. There's lots of chemistry and we connect really well with each other. (I'm 28 and she is 26). We haven't really discussed if we're considered exclusive to each other but its heading towards that direction, we are taking things slow for personal reasons, we haven't slept together yet but have fooled around with each other, the sexual chemistry is definitely there.

Recently one of my friends sent her a message saying "congratulations, you two make a cute couple". I haven't introduced her to my friends yet and she hasn't even met my friend who sent her the message yet. I found it kind of annoying why he would message her and just say that when we aren't really considered in a relationship, nothing is labeled.

I think she freaked out a bit because we were suppose to have plans on meeting up and she canceled 3 hours prior, saying she's not in the mood to go out, she's feeling sad and hasn't messaged ever since. We don't text 24/7 because we both have full time jobs and other hobbies that keep us occupied. I haven't seen her in 2 weeks becsuse I just got back from vacation and usually we meet up once or twice a week.

She's a great girl and I haven't felt this way about a girl in a very long time, I haven't dated anyone in 3 years just so I can focus on myself.

How do you think I should handle this?

Have you asked your friend why he did that? I would have a talk first with your friend & set him/her straight. I would be pissed if my friend did that to me. No reason for my friend to be contacting a potential girlfriend ( if I was a guy) especially if they have never met and even then it's still not their place to do that! Very odd behavior on your friends part.

Secondly, I would CALL HER to apologize to this girl you have interest in on your friend's behalf. Explain you had no idea why he/she would do that and sorry if it put you off. I hope you can look past that because I really do like being with you and (fill in the blank) as to why she is so important to you. Ask her how she's doing, you mentioned she is sad. I would ask her what she is sad about and go from there. If you make an effort and she still is not replying at all then maybe it's best to just give her space and see if she contacts you after sometime. Maybe she needs to sort her feelings about the two of you.

Archived