Tired of Being Governed!

Starshine

Dear friends,

I need some advice here, I'm tried of being governed by my parents I live in their house and it naturally means that I have to follow their words and wishes. I'm 23 now and find it difficult to cope up with my parents wishes and those of my own.

My love life has been reduced to zero (overprotective dad) and now when I've finished college they're still trying to govern my choices in what job I should do, whom I meet, where I go. My dad especially is very overboard with the overprotective issue.

My parents are kind of traditional and believe in arranged marriages. And right now I'm believing that I should run away. And live my life on my own.

The problem is that i haven't had a decent start in my career! (COURTESY OF MY DAD!) And his preferences. But I'm very ambitious and want to do things in my life and not just be some housewife and stay at home. (No offence I do respect housewives a lot, my mom has been one and had raised me as I'm today)

But I've seriously had it being governed. What should I do? I'm the eldest sibling and I have a younger sister! And no one to talk to about this stuff! If I move away(run away), I believe I'll hurt my mom in some way and she has always been by my side, with the exception of lately (she sides my dad believing in too.... Ambitious) And being the eldest I have to be an example to my younger sister.

God this is too heavy for me to bear. Oh and I forgot to mention I want to be rich and famous, an actor or a business lady but they keep saying I can't do it.

I feel like I'm being demoralized here! What must I do!!!

I'm working part time right now. And being a fresher haven't been able to find some kind of a permanent job here. To top it all up, I'm staying outside my country of nationality. I'm on my residence permit, sponsored by my father's company, all the more reason I want to gain my independency. And I'm not having much luck finding a good job. Not to mention my dad always speaks up saying this is too far, that is too much work, the salary is low... I At first I thought since they are parents they know well but it's just now that I've come to realize that no matter what job I find he'll say the same about it, as he knows that it'll offer me my independency. God! Why can't they understand me, they're my parents. I 'm not sure this is messy! And bound to get messier every time I try to talk. Either they don't listen or I end up arguing...

What must I do?

I'm working part time right now. And being a fresher haven't been able to find some kind of a permanent job here. To top it all up, I'm staying outside my country of nationality. I'm on my residence permit, sponsored by my father's company, all the more reason I want to gain my independency. And I'm not having much luck finding a good job. Not to mention my dad always speaks up saying this is too far, that is too much work, the salary is low... I At first I thought since they are parents they know well but it's just now that I've come to realize that no matter what job I find he'll say the same about it, as he knows that it'll offer me my independency. God! Why can't they understand me, they're my parents. I 'm not sure this is messy! And bound to get messier every time I try to talk. Either they don't listen or I end up arguing...

What must I do?

Why are you running your prospects past Dad? I'd apply with temp agencies to get inside of companies where I can apply for full time positions from within. If you can grab something full time, you can put money away to move on your own with. Otherwise, part time work keeps you dependent.

Archived