Best Friend vs. Boyfriend

Helpagirlout

I have recently started dating this guy who has been in my life quite a while. Last year when we were just friends, he and my best friend got into a huge argument and both said some extremely bad things to each other. A few months of not talking, decided to bury the hatchet and move on. Last summer came around and the guy and I got close. I was very afraid to admit my feelings to him and my best friend was always there telling me to just take the plunge and tell him how I feel. She said “I love you and I will support whatever choice you make”, flash forward the boy and I start dating, I tell her and everything changes. She is very cold everytime I try to talk about him, trashes him in front of me and calls me names behind my back. She tells people that I have betrayed her because I am dating a guy who hurt her. I feel very caught in the crossfire because everytime I see her, she acts like everything is fine and that we’re still best friends. Please help what do I do about her, or am I the one in the wrong?

You know, there's a saying that a male enemy will ruin your career while a female enemy will destroy your life. With exes, a guy will say I hope you have better luck with her than I did, while a girl will scream how dare you date my ex boyfriend! You're not in the wrong. She's angry because she couldn't make the relationship work and she's jealous seeing that you are making it work. It does reveal her evil side because a good friend would be happy for you. She just might not deserve being your best friend. I would confront her and tell her that you know she's talking behind your back and that a best friend would be happy you found a boyfriend. She will not be able to defend why she's jealous and maybe you can get her to stop talking about your relationship. If she won't, then maybe she shouldn't be your best friend anymore.

Archived