Potential Long Distance Relationship ?

jay228

Hello, I met this girl online through a language learning app. I was learning to speak German while she is learning to speak English. We got along pretty well and we started texting more. We even Skyped a few times. There's one time she's pretty sad and was telling me how she's going to end up dying alone and all, but she's a type of girl that I would date, so I asked her if she like to date with me. Sort of like a online movie date or whatever. There's a website for that. She said yes.

Later that day, we talk more about us and few thoughts came to our minds. How are we going to work out ? Because she lives in Germany and I live in Asia. We are quite young as well. I am 17 while she's 18. Both of us liked each other and are willing to try. We even have some plans to visit each other. It seem to difficult to make this work when our future plans doesn't align...she's currently in an internship and she wanted to be teacher in some Asian countries while I wanted to further my studies and hopefully work in western countries. Honestly I know this sounds pretty childish and all. But I just don't really want to give this up. Both of us aren't looking for a relationship just for fun. We are quite serious about it despite our young ages...for now we agreed to just give it some time and see how it goes, but truth is this is bugging us a lot and both of us had no idea what to do about it. Any advice would be great. Thanks !

Archived