Job searching is so hard, so disheartening

I've applied to over 110 job applications with customized cover letters. I thought I had a great resume, but people sure are not biting.

How difficult have all of you found job searching to be. Do you find it harder to get an interview if you're over 40?

Any resume\cover letter experts that'd be willing to check mine out for input?

If you're sending out 100+ resumes and getting relatively scarce interviews, I'd guess either you're being too ambitious with the positions you're choosing or there's an issue with your resumes. Are the listings fresh? Resume no more than two pages? What are you trying to get into? What's your education and experience?

It took me over a year to find my part time job in my late 40s (I needed a specific type of job so I could care for our child too). The best way I got interviews was through personal connections. Ironically I got my job from a random email list I was on that I randomly clicked on about a year ago.

Yes, I am applying to Fresh postings every day. I am replying to postings for jobs that are lofty and humble. Three of the positions I received interviews for were very high up in the organization's as regional managers in Fortune 500 companies.

My experience is co-founding and operating a $4000000 a year business. I have been trying to get a job in marketing.

I have hired professionals to put together my resume.

Archived