Getting over the ex, never thought it'd feel so good

It's been months, 3 to be exact since I last saw my ex. We didn't have a pretty ending, but who does? I finally got the courage to go to the bar we used to go to. I was nervous because I knew he would be there with his new girl. But what happened took me by surprise. I was stronger than I'd ever been, I didn't make contact with him the whole night. His new gf was all over him and at first it stung but instead of letting it bother me I shrugged it off and danced the night away. I went to my friend and said that my exs new girl was trying to make me jealous and it wasn't working. My friend told me she wasn't trying to make me jealous, she was trying to get my exs attention because he was staring at me the whole night. I never saw him look at me but then again I wasn't looking at him, everyone else saw it though. And it felt good. At one point, his gf ended up leaving him for awhile because he couldn't keep his eyes off of me. Now I don't know what this means. I can't tell if this was a good or bad thing. I don't expect him to come crawling back. But it felt so empowering to just do me and have fun without him. He might have had another girl hanging on him but it didn't matter. Any advice to keep the positive vibes flowing? Or what this means?

Archived