My feet cramps are keeping me up at night, help!

So recently i have been getting these really awful foot cramps that won't leave me alone! ill be lying down, ready to go to sleep when all the sudden i will feel as if i am getting a foot cramp. in haste, i rush out if bed because strangely, as soon as I'm on the floor my feet are fine. It only bothers me when I'm trying to sleep, help!

Don't forget the magnesium and calcium too, as the lack of them may contributes to the nighttime leg cramp and muscles spasm. If you do take supplements on top of the food, look into clean whole food supplements that are easily assimilated into your body.

Hi.

Sounds like textbook arterial stenosis in your calf. Don't get me wrong. Of course, it can be potassium (careful with those especially if you have renal disease), magnesium and so on. But the type of the pain, the fact that it gets better when you put your feet down, I must go with arterial stenosis. You know, once your feet is in horizontal position the blood flow decreases, hence creating certain lack of oxygen in that area= intensive pain. Once you start to walk, leg is in the vertical position, blood flow increases.

I don't know you but if you are man / woman after menopause, if you have higher BMI, if you have already cardiac disease caused by atherosclerosis, all these things are risk factors for this condition.

suggestions:

Visit your GP! This is not a thing that will disappear. Tell him exactly what you've written here. He will probably perform CT scan that can very well visualise this condition. ;-)

Don't get stressed. If it is the case, this condition can be treated.

P.S: On the other hand, if you're young girl, non smoker, you do lot of sports and so on, with no autoimmune disease diagnosed, that pain in more areas than only one specific area....an ion dysbalance would be my first suggestions.

It will be OK, just DO NOT NEGLECT IT! Stay strong, bye. ;-)

Archived