Driving myself insane

A few of you guys would be familiar with my posts, And i'm sure some are sick of them even i'm getting sick of my own stuff.

Anyway I've been doing very well post break up until I started thinking these thoughts about my ex's sex drive which was almost non existent and caused tension here and there. She said it was her hormones and her anti depressants. But here I am with these thoughts that it was actually me and she didn't enjoy it even though 9 times out of 10 she would climax herself whilst we were doing it. So I mean it couldn't be me, right? Then it carries on from there about other things shes given reasoning for I keep creating these scenarios in my head. I am seeing my therapist and she does help, But sometimes I feel utter helpless to these thoughts.

Does it really matter why her sex drive was low? You are dwelling and ruminating far too much on this relationship. You do need to reflect on why the relationship ended, and which behaviors you need to change to make future relationships more successful. But dwelling on whether she was gay, or whether she was sexually attracted to you or not, will not help you move on and heal. These issues were hers, not yours, and since you are no longer in a relationship with her, these thoughts are irrelevant.

Does it really matter why her sex drive was low? You are dwelling and ruminating far too much on this relationship. You do need to reflect on why the relationship ended, and which behaviors you need to change to make future relationships more successful. But dwelling on whether she was gay, or whether she was sexually attracted to you or not, will not help you move on and heal. These issues were hers, not yours, and since you are no longer in a relationship with her, these thoughts are irrelevant.

Thank you for your response, I do and have been reflecting on why it failed and I know why, I now know we were two very different people who want two very different things in life. Plus the issues which made things be on shaky ground are what I'm working on with my therapist. However when I do reflect on it I get carried away and start thinking this stuff that makes no sense to me but I still take it on board. It makes me realise I have an issue with my self confidence and self esteem and at the end of the day. I have to work on that. Thank you for taking the time out to read and reply to me.

Don't let her issues imprint on your brain as if they were yours. A lot of relationships don't work out because of these types of incompatibilities. Excellent you are working with a good therapist who will help you see that whatever she said during the breakup is the usual nonsense and to ignore it.

I now know we were two very different people who want two very different things in life.
Same girl?

Don't make her issues your own. If she broke up with you because the sex was bad, she clearly has issues. Sex issues in a relationship can be fixed. The truth is, she sounds like one of those women who are scared of being in a relationship, and she's using the bad sex as a cop out to get out of the relationship. Move on, bro. I'm going through the same thing, it's hard but you cannot let some women drag your emotions along.

Archived