So uhm.

I'm 14 years old and come from Denmark.

So let's make this really long story somewhat short.

At the start of 7th grade me and a girl fell in love, we'll call her "Emma". (Not Real name)

One day i f*cked up and our relationship broke apart but we stayed good friends.

One of my best friends (Lets call him Tom) falls in love with her.

As of right now they've become a couple. BUT.

He's kinda 'inactive' in this relationship and I'm the one counting the weeks/months they've been together.

Also he never takes her anywhere and barely ever talks to her.

Emma is a girl who at the moment has some emotional problems, and not seeing Tom talk with her about it, feels wrong in me.

So one half of my mind is telling me that i should get back to her and really be there for her, but if that's so, she's cheating on Tom. The other half of me is telling me i should try to stay away, but when i talk to her it doesn't seem as if we were just friends...

What should i do?

Make Emma cheat and be with me or possibly losing two friends (Tom & Emma) trying to make Emma cheat.

And yes I know cheating is VERY wrong. Wich makes this more of an dilemma for me.

Nothing is as powerful (or painful) as young love. It's of no comfort to tell you this now, but you'll look back on this whole thing in a year or two and laugh. Friends -and girls -that you meet at this age will typically no longer be part of your life after you graduate. I would not push this issue or try to get between them. Let her date Tom. If she decides to come back, she will.

Nothing is as powerful (or painful) as young love. It's of no comfort to tell you this now, but you'll look back on this whole thing in a year or two and laugh. Friends -and girls -that you meet at this age will typically no longer be part of your life after you graduate. I would not push this issue or try to get between them. Let her date Tom. If she decides to come back, she will.
Oh boy, I know but it's kinda depressing, 'cause she doesn't really seem happy about being with him. (Even though she might be)
Nothing is as powerful (or painful) as young love.

Or as fleeting, redundant, contrived, and misguided...

Being young is the time to learn. You basically have no real consequences for your mistakes, unless you break the law or get someone pregnant... You're still sheltered from over half of life's stresses, and it's pretty mindboggling how much dating changes once you have critical responsibilities and have to seriously consider juggling careers, family, moving, money, bills, as well as the freedom of being an adult. Oh, and then there's sex... That becomes a pretty integral part of a healthy relationship... Plus the older you get the more sexually experienced people are, so there's more expectations and compatibility requirements, etc.

So try to stop over thinking and getting too serious about "falling in love". Just have fun with dating, enjoy the simplicity of young dating, and just worry about being a decent guy and developing a solid moral compass, and forget about the drama. Just experience stuff and don't be a d**k about doing it.

Basically, at your age everything comes and goes.

Archived