Ask For Advice

Thread: My boyfriend wants me to pay for him. Advice?

Sparky66

My boyfriend wants me to pay for him. Advice?

Yesterday, my boyfriend asked me to pay for his food (chicken from Chicken Holiday and pizza (2 slices) from Phil's Pizza Place) for when he comes from where he lives to come see me this Saturday. He told me to bring about $25. I said I wasn't sure if I'd have enough $ for when I see him this Saturday. Honestly I didn't wanna pay for him. I feel like he's mooching off of me.

You see, I'm saving up $ for a few things that I want. I have one jar of $ for when I get tattoos, another jar of $ for when I get my own apartment in New York City, and another jar of $ to buy my own long board. When I told him, he just said just forget about the long board $ so I'll be able to pay for his food.

Last time (I think about two weeks ago) we were supposed to meet and he ditched me because his friend (male or female I dunno) was coming to see him from I forget where. It involves a plane I know that much. Anyway, he said that another reason he had to ditch was because he wanted to save his $ to be able to pay for us.

Let me get this out in the open; I don't like to be spoiled. Never have. I pay for my own things and he pays for his own things. I want to be an independent woman. I don't want things handed to me. He said he wanted enough to pay for me next time we meet up, too. Which is this Saturday. I told him not to be he insisted. After God knows how long I finally caved in and agreed. His $, his choice right? Next time I just won't let him.

But now when I asked him what happened to saving his $ to pay, he laughed and threw it in my face that I really did want to be spoiled. I explained to him that that was not the case and that what I really meant was "I thought you weren't gonna be broke because you said you'd have $ to pay for yourself."

He said 'no' he didn't. Only a $20 to hitch a train and see me.

This has happened more than once. Where I'd spare him a few bills for pizza, or a video games, or ice cream.

I'm not poor or rich, I'm middle class. I have a budget. I can't keep on paying for him, ya know?

What do I do? If I tell him flat out "no", then he'll get really *****y(pardon my French)and blow up on me.

Is there any nice way of telling him that I can't(and honeslty do not want to all the time)pay for him because I can barely afford things myself with my minimum wadge job and allowence from my parents?

JA0371
    I admire you for wanting to be independent...but you should NOT have to pay for this guys food. My rule of thumb is to take turns paying,or if one pays the other tips at least. Sorry but Id dump this chump now...sounds like needless drama.

disneyfan
    Just tell him you don't have the money to spare. Strait up. Be honest, but not mean about it. It's not your fault you don't have the funds to pay for him. Every once and a while, ok, but all the time? That's not fair.

becomingkate
    I would probably talk to him about your visits and say that you can only see each other as long as you both have the money to do so. You don't want him paying for you or you paying for him because it causes hard feelings.

If some guy told my 15 year old to give up her longboard money to buy him food, I'd tell her to dump him. She could do better, and so can you! Good luck.

happyfrank
    he just said just forget about the long board $ so I'll be able to pay for his food.
    He is being selfish. If you don't have money for pizza. Buy something cheap you both can share like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

pinkelephant
    Tell him to take a hike. And don't come back. He's not a man.

Godless_Heathen
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky66 [Register to see the link]
    I feel like he's mooching off of me.
    He is, full stop. Male or female, you don't make demands like this of someone you're dating. If they want to buy food for you, fine, but you don't demand it.

You needn't be nice about telling him this, because you really don't want anything to do with someone like that.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Tell him that if he wants you to treat for the food then you are going to choose the menu and you are going to pick up some sandwich fillings and chips and you can drink water.

Top Threads
My boyfriend doesn't believe I was raped by my ex.
I've known my boyfriend since I was 8 years old. Our families were super close and I was head over heels for him. We recently got reconnected a few
It's long, but please, I need all the help I can get.
I'm 32 years old and have been in a relationship for 6 years. My daughter and I live with my boyfriend in a very nice house that we bought together
My boyfriend suggested breaking up
Hi everyone. So I have finally had a discussion with my boyfriend about how it bothers me that he hangs out with other girls one-on-one a lot. So it
Objective Opinion please?
I guess this is a somewhat petty argument in the grand scheme of things but I'd like to get a few objective opinions here because I feel like doing
He Wanted a Break...Now He's Upset?
It's a terribly long story but basically, my live-in boyfriend of 4 years decided that after a long period of periodic bickering, he needed a "break"
Is it just me or is he obsessed with his best friend?
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum after my friend told me about it and I was looking to get some feedback on a situation. My boyfriend
SO Has slept with all his friends :/
Just looking for some advice.... I have been having some conflicts with my serious boyfriend of about a year who I live with. He is extremely

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice