Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling like you will never find someone so perfect for you again and then you do... sucess stories?

I was enjoying this thread until the gender issue was raised. I've had no problems finding girls over the past 12 months, I'm even one of the lucky ones who gets plenty of winks and mails etc, but I also agree that they're mostly from the less appealing variety with umpteen kids.

It does get me down that physically I may not find someone as cute and gorgeous as my ex, but I have to remember for as aestethically pleasing as she was, she wasn't a very good partner who dropped me (twice) at the blink of an eye, and didn't make me very happy some times; even though I was 6 months from marrying her. I will continue to have faith that the right person is out there looking for me right now, just as I am her.

Originally Posted by Rob1000
    I was enjoying this thread until the gender issue was raised.
    Ditto. The endless debate--"men have it easier!" "No, women do!" Life and relationships are hard on both genders, in different ways, and both genders would do well to appreciate that.

3. 04-01-2010, 05:02 AM

Silver Member
    reading the first page of replies really made me happy i hope one day a man will come along who really needs, wants and appreciates the love & care i have to give, which my ex just didn't appreciate.

Originally Posted by asthesparrow
    reading the first page of replies really made me happy i hope one day a man will come along who really needs, wants and appreciates the love & care i have to give, which my ex just didn't appreciate.
    You will....just never give up hope!

yup...never thought i would find anyone again until a few months ago..going on 7 months strong...=) this girl is very special too me....

My head is still spinning.

My mum once told me "don't worry, some day a guy will fall out of the sky when you least expect it." Especially in the months after my most recent dumping, I thought that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard. Men don't fall out the sky; for me who is shy it's like pulling teeth to meet them. I live on the left edge of nowhere...there is nothing and nobody here.

And then--when I least expected it--a man did fall out of the sky. Literally. I met a pilot.

Things may work with him or they may not. But anyway at least I have more confidence in my ability to recover from a failed relationship, get back on my feet, and meet people.

Originally Posted by pancakes62
    The thing that gets me about this board and threads like this one is that 9 times out of 10, the people saying they met someone new are always female. Like it isn't 1000x easier for girls. A girl makes a link removed profile and gets 10 winks within 5min. A guy makes one and it's usually weeks before he gets 1 wink, and most likely it's from an unattractive girl with 2 kids from 2 different men. Where are all the guys success stories?
    My 3 male exes all found at least one person after me.

its definitely not a female thing. All my male exes found other women straight after me, some while they were with me! it seems some people just move on from partner to partner.

I've heard a lot of people say men are no good at being alone, they need someone there.

See this sex debate could go on and on.

It took me two years to move on from a broken heart and I certainly put some effort into it! I dated... one guy especially on and off for a year... I traveled... I did impulsive things I would not have normally done to get off my but and take a chance in life.

In the end I loved my journey!!!

Sure the broken heart stuff was painful and well I miss the idea of this particular ex... I really enjoyed his family and really wanted that future I saw.

BUT I did meet someone... and its amazing... and its stable (well as stable as it can be since he has an unpredictable ex)... we are happy, living together, sharing bills and responsibilities... turns out this one is really a keeper!!!!

I still talk to my ex. He's a nice guy who I have know since high school and well that was some 20ish yr ago. I couldn't imagine not ever talking to him and the same for him. He knows I'm happy and things are great for me... and well regret? I think he has that too... you see... he still is completely single now and very lonely. There's a lot he misses about me. He was never very sure about ending it with me in the first place as he was at a very difficult point in his life. I think we could have been great together but I'm not sorry for anything....

This was my journey...

Wow, this is such an inspiring story, thanks for sharing. I need to get out my comfort zone and push myself to experience new things. Obviously i'm not even thinking about meeting anyone else - its way way to early for that, but it does worry me that the older you get the more difficult it is to meet someone that 'floats your boat', the dating pool is a little smaller! lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice