Some new stuff

jengh

Crazy. That one is also amazing but in a completely different way. It's like you switched from one mood to another. I absolutely love the calming yet "spiritual' (that's the vibe I'm getting) colours. Also, your brush strokes are so raw and scratchy.

I love that a lot. When I draw, i have a ton of pencil marks all over the paper.

I like it better that way... the sketchier the better...like you said--raw. The emotion that comes out of it is more genuine and earthy.

You are an inspiration! I never wanted to paint (I draw) but now I do!!! Can you tell me what kind of materials you use?

For painting, I prefer acrylics. I find them easier to control and they're water soluble so it's easier cleanup.

I prefer either stretched canvas or canvas board. The canvas is good for really absorbing the color, but the board can also be nice.

I usually only buy: black, white, blue, red, and yellow paint then mix to get my shades. I think it's more fun and unique that way.

was it easy for you to learn to paint?

I've never had any formal training. I've just been doing it since I could fingerpaint.

They look great, Jen. You ought to get your own Etsy account; I can see people wanting your artwork.

I Looooooove that site! That would be a wonderful way to make a bit of extra money. I never thought about it... the only problem is coming up with enough ideas!

I've thought about handmaking journals though..