The Bald and the Beautiful

Arctic Wolf

Hi!

Hehe, I guess that's the first time anyone has seen that word play rock the world!

Anyway, I was surfing the channels one evening when I came accross a commercial for a product that supposedly "cures" baldness. It was quite witty; the bald man hitting on a couple of hot girls by the pool, only to get the "whatever-response" and see them leave with a tan, fit, hollywood-hair kinda guy. I especially enjoyed the bald man's theatrical sad face as he looked into the camera. I switched off the TV and studied my slightly receded hairline in the reflection of the monitor - and I started wondering about my future: How big a deal is this baldness issue with girls? If a priest asked one during confession what she REALLY thought about bald men buying her drinks in a club, what would he hear?

Girls! Confess your sins! ...

... No, but really, what is this all about?

Wolf

Not a problem, shaved heads are a super sexy option, too. I'd rather a guy accept himself then spend loads of money on a temporary fix. The hair regrowth does work, my friend did research on it, the hair comes back, but it will fall out again as soon as you stop using it. So if you want to continualy commit a serious chunk of change to "fixing" your hair loss, have at it.

Honestly, I find baldness extremely unattractive.

Many are quick to judge me as shallow when I say this, but I know damn well no guy would date me if I were bald or balding, so why am I any more shallow then them?

I assume you are a woman ? I can assure you I find bald/shaved heads on women extremely attractive and I think a shaved bald head on a man looks awesome.I have a full head of blonde hair and I shaved myself with clippers,no guard[which left me pretty well bald]3 weeks ago and I will be doing it again,probably in the spring/summer.

My honest thought: don't go out of your way to shave your head, but if you're balding, just accept it. I wouldn't turn down a balding man down just for that one reason. But it wouldn't be something I would necessarily WANT in a man.

On the other hand, I have a fantasy of shaving a guy's head during sex. For some reason it just turns me on. So someday. I'd like to try it. But I don't want him to be shaved bald permanently.

I had a boyfriend who shaved his head (he was balding) and when I first met him I didn't find it particularly attractive just because it was unexpected but it wasn't long before I fell in love with him and after that he was absoulutely the sexiest thing in my eyes (and he was a good looking guy I think not just the love talking). After that I found bald guys more attractive and I think I preferred it for a while.

The other day I was on the train and there was a youngish couple, the guy was bald as an egg and his attractive partner was all over him so there you go.

Arctic Wolf,

I'm not bald myself, but if I ever was I probably wouldn't consider it a big deal. In fact, it would probably be an advantage with respect to fashion. Get a toupee and viola, you're that "hollywood-hair kinda guy", and you didn't have to wait weeks for that to happen. Or you can be Carrot Top. Or the next bald action star. Take your pick.

In the end, it's just hair folks! It makes a big difference in your appearance, and it's also cheap.

Hi!

I think there's a misunderstanding here: I'm not bald, and I'm not balding at all. I just realized that my hairline is not the same as it was 10 years ago But my father's balding, and the commercial got me thinking... And I think that there is a difference between being bald at 50 and being bald at 25. I think alot. And it might be affecting my hair regeneration, hahaha!

Wolf

Hi!

I think there's a misunderstanding here: I'm not bald, and I'm not balding at all. I just realized that my hairline is not the same as it was 10 years ago But my father's balding, and the commercial got me thinking... And I think that there is a difference between being bald at 50 and being bald at 25. I think alot. And it might be affecting my hair regeneration, hahaha!

Wolf irrelevant,you created a thread inquiring about people's opinion's on baldness.

• 5 years later...

Archived