i have few friends since i'm not as mentally acute as everybody else. how do i change?

sanadee

I'm kind of sick of being slow and a * * * * * * * .

i'm 30 years old and really and mentally developmentally behind most adults (as i am evidently an adult).

i also feel resentful since i don't get why my parents didn't realise this years ago. for this reason, i always hang the phone up when they call.

Am i mentally stunted or retarded? do i have autism? how do i get around this?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i always look silly for knowing things that are not common knowledge by everybody else.

i'm frankly tired of this, and want to improve.

why would that be a bad thing? You are knowledgeable in some areas that others might not be.....

Different people know different things, no matter how weird or off it seems.

they stop me from fitting in and taking my place in society.

Where's the "they" in this equation?

You haven't really given us anything (e.g. anecdotal evidence, observations) to lead us to believe that it's a 'they' (a 'what', or a 'who' that's stopping you from "fitting in and taking ... place in society")

It sounds to me like it's your attitude, rather than your ability that's holding you back.

Also, are you sure you're not looking to the wrong people for validation?

i'm tired of knowing things that everybody else knows.

like at work, i look the fool of our team for being slow. our manager knows it, and i bet he tells all the other managers in our department too.

examples are:

- take nothing for granted.

- what you put into life, you get out.

and other parts of common knowledge of life.

they stop me from fitting in and taking my place in society.

image removed.....I like been the od one out or sow I think, but when I look closer I usually find there are way more like me, they are just scared to speak-up, it is your leader instincts that make you stand out, it is not a bad thing. You have to decide if you want to be your own person or a follower.

Don't hide your identity or who you are......image removed

i just want to be mentally equal.

image removed....sanadee We all have a place to fill on this earth, we cant all be lawyers and doctors or some one we aren't. Everyone have different skills and talents, if you think about it you will find you have some of your very own, like knowing stuff no one els know.

We are all special in different ways....image removed

image removed....sanadee We all have a place to fill on this earth, we cant all be lawyers and doctors or some one we aren't. Everyone have different skills and talents, if you think about it you will find you have some of your very own, like knowing stuff no one els know.

We are all special in different ways....image removed

i don't believe in a place. i think we determine our own place. i'm not a mystic person.

i just want to improve myself. why is this so wrong?

What, other than the fact you enjoy knowing obscure things, makes you think you are mentally retarded? That's kind of a huge statement.

From past threads, it just sounds like you are not social and this has nothing to do with mental capacity.

i don't enjoy knowing obscure things. what person does?

i'm just looking to self-improve. which person does not?

i look mentally retarded since i always make really dumb mistakes. i makes me look a laughing stock, and i'm 30 and have few friends due to this. i'm a MAN so why should i be like this?

i guess i sound resentful, but i just am. i just feel somebody has designed to ruin my life, and nobody close to me did anything to stop it.

i don't believe in a place. i think we determine our own place. I'm not a mystic person.

i just want to improve myself. why is this so wrong?

image removed...I like to set myself goals in life like you, there is nothing wrong with that, but I know I am a girl and I have limitations when it comes to lifting heavy stuff and sometimes will try but will have to call a guy to come and help for I'm just to weak to do it on my own, it is to understand ones limitations in life, and to sometimes say I can't do everything in life.

I sometimes need help I can't do or know everything.image removed

image removed...I like to set myself goals in life like you, there is nothing wrong with that, but I know I am a girl and I have limitations when it comes to lifting heavy stuff and sometimes will try but will have to call a guy to come and help for I'm just to weak to do it on my own, it is to understand ones limitations in life, and to sometimes say I can't do everything in life.

I sometimes need help I can't do or know everything.image removed

i don't understand the connection.

i don't understand the connection.

image removed...We all have limitations in life, it do not help to feel helpless to try if we know we will fail every time, it is to learn from our mistakes and to know somethings we just can't do it....image removed

Archived