i have few friends since i'm not as mentally acute as everybody else. how do i change?

sanadee

but i am behind. i want to be equal, and i don't see how this is bad.

the way i see it, i'm like a person born deaf. if there is a way to give that person hearing, who wouldn't do it? deafness is a disability. i am mentally disabled, since i am not as psychologically developed as other 30 year olds.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i look mentally retarded since i always make really dumb mistakes. i makes me look a laughing stock, and i'm 30 and have few friends due to this. i'm a MAN so why should i be like this?

i guess i sound resentful, but i just am. i just feel somebody has designed to ruin my life, and nobody close to me did anything to stop it.

Lots of people make dumb mistakes, but if you feel this way you should see a doctor and discuss your concerns.

Being a man has nothing to do with anything. They're not expected to be better or worse than anyone else.

You are a grown person, so you have full control over your life. If you're not happy with it, change it.

Lots of people make dumb mistakes, but if you feel this way you should see a doctor and discuss your concerns.

Being a man has nothing to do with anything. They're not expected to be better or worse than anyone else.

You are a grown person, so you have full control over your life. If you're not happy with it, change it.

i am changing, by seeing if i am mentally retarded or not.

And I am a man, so i should be strong. especially in mind.

and no, people don't make dumb mistakes. not usually.

Oh no? I once locked my keys in my car WITH my cell phone in there too.

I also burned my hand with a curling iron, cut my finger with a knife cutting tomatoes, I've tripped, I've called the wrong phone numbers... shall I go on? lol

I know for a fact I am not mentally retarded. Mistakes are common. Dumb ones, too.

How are you seeing if you are? Do you mean you plan to visit a doctor?

yes i do plan to go.

Plenty of men are weak.

no they are not.

Tons of them. Plenty of women are strong. Let go of this thought. It's not helping you change.

ok. but it would be the solution to the problem. being mentally behind is costing me my life.

Oh no? I once locked my keys in my car WITH my cell phone in there too.

I also burned my hand with a curling iron, cut my finger with a knife cutting tomatoes, I've tripped, I've called the wrong phone numbers... shall I go on? lol

I know for a fact I am not mentally retarded. Mistakes are common. Dumb ones, too.

they happen to me everyday and i hate it. they don't happen to everybody else everyday.

Well first, you need to separate things. Making dumb mistakes and being emotionally weak do not make a person mentally behind.

why not?

Those are very common flaws people have. I cannot think of a single person who doesn't make mistakes or experience weaknesses.

but not really stupid mistakes, which make everybody laugh at you and shy away from you.

i look mentally retarded since i always make really dumb mistakes. i makes me look a laughing stock, and i'm 30 and have few friends due to this. i'm a MAN so why should i be like this?

i guess i sound resentful, but i just am. i just feel somebody has designed to ruin my life, and nobody close to me did anything to stop it.

You really shouldn't take this out on your parents, sanadee. If you are on the autistic spectrum it is NOT their fault. Recent discoveries are helping parents get early intervention they say is helpful. I have doubts about how helpful it could be myself. But when you were born, no one knew much about the interventions. So really, you should try not to blame anyone for your disability, whatever it may be.

I have a son with autism, and I would be crushed if I thought he blamed me for it.

Sometimes I think I could have a touch of autism undetected myself.

I tend to stick with one hobby for a very long time, something other people know nothing about. And I really don't bother making a lot of friends either. None of us are perfect, really. You may envy those people that make a lot of friends, they look wonderful on the surface. But I guarantee if you dig a little deeper you will find they are eaten up with lots of flaws too.

Be easy on yourself.

Well, some of the smartest people in the world make mistakes and have weak moments. Very smart professors, doctors, scientists; they all experience these things. It's just how humans are, even smart ones.

I think if you do something silly and people shy away from you, it is because they don't know you well.

Do you have an easy time talking to new people or is it tough?

Well, some of the smartest people in the world make mistakes and have weak moments. Very smart professors, doctors, scientists; they all experience these things. It's just how humans are, even smart ones.

which human beings do this?

I think if you do something silly and people shy away from you, it is because they don't know you well.

no it's not.

Do you have an easy time talking to new people or is it tough?

no. it's very tough.

I'm not going to be succinct about individual humans. If you're not buying, I'm not selling.

Well, it's obvious your problem is social. I would recommend a therapist, who could help you understand why you struggle meeting people.

why do you think it's social?

they happen to me everyday and i hate it. they don't happen to everybody else everyday.

I beg to differ, sanadee. For starters, you sound as mentally capable as any other 30 year old I know. Secondly, I once put an entire jar of peanut butter (lid and all) in the microwave trying to warm it for my apple slices. I've put eggs in the oven trying to hard boil them (No, I am really not joking). I've gone the wrong way down one-way streets several times. I've left my car somewhere and walked home, forgetting I'd driven there, with my keychain dangling around my neck. I do some pretty STUPID things. But am I mentally incapable or scarred? No. This seems more like a pseudo-social issue than a neurological one, in my honest opinion. Think back to when you first started feeling this way..If we can find the triggers, we can find the underlying cause, and then we can find a resolution.

As a side-note, this may sound terribly rude, but I'm going to be honest with you: I am almost ninety-nine percent sure this is entirely all in your head, no pun intended. This screams of insecurities and a human being who desires to be loved and attended to who isn't cultivating the means well enough for themselves.

Because you seem to write and think clearly, you just mentioned not having friends and being uncomfortable making mistakes in front of people.

What sort of mistakes have you made in the past that made people laugh and shy away?

i forget simple things, go to wrong directions after having been told where to go before.

i act stupid and retarded.

I beg to differ, sanadee. For starters, you sound as mentally capable as any other 30 year old I know. Secondly, I once put an entire jar of peanut butter (lid and all) in the microwave trying to warm it for my apple slices. I've put eggs in the oven trying to hard boil them (No, I am really not joking). I've gone the wrong way down one-way streets several times. I've left my car somewhere and walked home, forgetting I'd driven there, with my keychain dangling around my neck. I do some pretty STUPID things. But am I mentally incapable or scarred? No. This seems more like a pseudo-social issue than a neurological one, in my honest opinion. Think back to when you first started feeling this way..If we can find the triggers, we can find the underlying cause, and then we can find a resolution.

it started when i was about 10 or so. i found i would not know stuff most other people knew and took for granted. since then it's made people shy away from me, and i look the fool.

Archived