Found out boyfriend has active profile on plenty of fish! last straw!

enchanted771

I first asked him if he was talking to other people, he answered " just wondering where this is coming from" i responded about his profile. He hasnt responded. If it was no, he would have responded fast. So the missed calls, excuses why he cant see me that weekend, travel for work, weekend with the boys was not the truth! hmmm just waiting to see what lie he is gonna feed me now. I thought men liked loyal, honest women. Makes me sick to think i cooked for him. He makes me sick, liars are the worst!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. Just curious, how do you tell if a profile is 'active' on plenty of fish? My boyfriend and I met on there, I'd have no idea how to check if he's still using it though.

That sucks, I'm very sorry. I can't imagine what kind of excuse he could give for having an active profile unless you got together very very recently, and it doesn't sound like that from your post!

Oh well. Better finding out now than even further down the line.

Yeah and once they lie, how can you trust whatever they say anymore.

Men do like honest and loyal women, but it's usually one rule for us and one rule for them.

He knows he has been caught 'red handed' and you won't get a response until he can think up some ' * * * * and bull' storyline as to what he's doing on there.

Up to you, if you fall for it...

Ouch. Just curious, how do you tell if a profile is 'active' on plenty of fish? My boyfriend and I met on there, I'd have no idea how to check if he's still using it though. That sucks, I'm very sorry. I can't imagine what kind of excuse he could give for having an active profile unless you got together very very recently, and it doesn't sound like that from your post! Oh well. Better finding out now than even further down the line.
I know his user name and googled it. You can also go to the site and do a user search without having to sign up. If you dont log on everyday your profile wont appear, and he has been accumulating " friends"
Yeah and once they lie, how can you trust whatever they say anymore. Men do like honest and loyal women, but it's usually one rule for us and one rule for them. He knows he has been caught 'red handed' and you won't get a response until he can think up some ' * * * * and bull' storyline as to what he's doing on there. Up to you, if you fall for it...
what should i say?
what should i say?

You tell him it's over. Make it simple. It sounds like you've made up your mind about it already. You don't need to go into detailed explanation with him- you caught him doing something suspicious which jeopardized your relationship.

You tell him it's over. Make it simple. It sounds like you've made up your mind about it already. You don't need to go into detailed explanation with him- you caught him doing something suspicious which jeopardized your relationship.
The thing is, i asked him if he was seeing other women before i told him i knew about his profile. If the answer was no, he could have said that. He is dodging the question to buy more time.

He knows he's busted so he's avoiding the whole thing. That is his way of being, just showing up for fun when he's in the mood, then disappearing the rest of the time. So he is being consistent in his behavior.

I suggest you do nothing. Just don't contact him again. If he does contact you again, tell him it's over, that he ignores you most of the time and is shopping for other women so obviously you are just a fill in til he finds one (or many) he likes better. Or more likely, he is dating lots of women at the same time already, and you don't want to be one of the herd.

You can never assume you are someone's one and only when they see you rarely and disappear a lot. That is almost always the profile of someone who is dating more than one person, or is just using you for sex until they find a woman they like enough to be a steady girlfriend. People who do this will lie to keep the game going.

There are lots of guys who want a good woman, but there are also lots of guys who lie to get what they want. You just really have to look at a person's behavior and not their words to see what the truth is. An honest guy's words and actions will match. But someone who claims you are a girlfriend but rarely sees you or sees you only for sex is someone who wants only sex and not you as a girlfriend.

The thing is, i asked him if he was seeing other women before i told him i knew about his profile. If the answer was no, he could have said that. He is dodging the question to buy more time.

No. You don't ask him what he's been doing or if he has been cheating, and you don't give him an explanation. He's going to lie to you no matter what. I never said confront him about what he's done. I said simply end it.

No way! just curious what kind of story he is going to brew up to keep me in the loop.

I don't think it should matter at this point.

He's lied multiple times as continues to lie. Whatever caca-may may story he gives you is going to be a lie anyway so why bother hearing it.

As hard as it is, completely ignoring him makes you the stronger person.

I always have a hard time going no contact.

And this is how he gets you and continues to play his game of cheating. Make the smart decision for yourself. He's got you latched onto him and he knows it. He doesn't owe you any explanation period. Find yourself another guy who doesn't play games.

oh he texts me this BS

Ignore it.

Or better yet, just stop texting and pick up the phone and tell him its over, plain and simple.

No explanation needed, he's been caught..don't need to hear any more excuses or lies.

You never text questions or serious problems.

If you feel the need to talk to him anymore, make it via phone or in person, get what you need and let go, move on.

He's not worth it anymore anyway.

I always have a hard time going no contact.

Look at it this way, why would you want to be IN contact with someone who is so disrespectful to you? That makes no sense. If you want the closure, tell him its over, then take his number off your phone. Put the phone in another room and get on with life. Hes not worth anymore time, trouble, or thought.

I dont even want to hear his voice, he makes me want to vomit! i would love to tell him in person that he is a lousy excuse for a human being! thought it was weird when he said he had to call his mom but was going to the bathroom. I said, you can call your mom in front of me, unless you got something to hide??? he called her and they were just talking about amazon cuz her camera messed up. My mom called asked what i was doing and i purposely said nothing. He had the nerve to get upset!

Archived