How often do you communicate with your gf/bf?

Calilove

I talk to my gf everyday on the phone for about 30 minutes. We see each other about 2 to 3 times a week.

QUESTION: This is how often we talked before we broke up but are now back together and still talking this often. I'm not sure if I have let her back in to easily or what because I feel like our new "honeymoon" phase is coming to end. Should I just stop talking to her everyday so she can value me more even though she would wonder what the hell is going on or would it just drive her further away and think I'm not interested in being with her anymore?

we talk on the phone everyday a few times. He calls in the mornings before work to say he was thinking of me, I call him before I go to a class and leave voicemails, he calls me on his lunchbreak and leaves a voicemail (im in a class usually), and we usually talk 30-45 minutes in the evenings. As for honeymoon stages, We've been dating a year and six months and I am still just as in love with him as the first day. But for your question I Miss Her 2, if you stop talking to her as often she will definetly wonder whats going on. Talk to her about how your feeling and about the reasons behind your initial breaking up. Don't let history repeat itself. Just be open and honest about how your feeling, whether that is unappreciated or not. And if anyone needs someone to talk to feel free to send me a pm.

Everyday, a couple times a day. Some days less then others. Just depends on what I've got going on and what he's got going on. I only see him a few days a wk.

I think with every 'relationship' I've been in I've talked to my boyfriend on a daily basis. During the 'dating' phase it may only be every few days.

I talk to my boyfriend probably 10 times a day when we are at work. And we spend every single night at either my house or his. That's probably to much. sometimes I feel like I need more time to myself or with my friends. But he is my best friend and we love being with eachother.

When my ex and I were TOGETHER we talked about five or six times a day. Now that we're DATING EACHOTHER/FRIENDS we still talk at least once a day and text. We are long distance so we only see each other one weekend a month or less. I think that communication patterns are different with each relationship. You have to talk as often as is right for your relationship.

I live with my fiance so we talk everyday, even if it is just for a few minutes over the phone as we sometimes have differing work schedules (I work split shifts).

When I was dating a guy who I did not live with we still talked every day, with a rare exception if one of us was having finals/needed to study/had other plans.

See, I don't understand how it can last if people tend to value things more when they aren't there all the time! Should you talk to your so everyday if you JUST got back together?

I don't think this is necessarily true.

I've lived with my guy 5 years and we still talk on the phone once a day (while either he is at work or I am).

Appreciation is learned- not something that only happens when something is take away from you.

I'm guessing you are just getting back with an ex, what sort of speed have you talked about with re-establishing the relationship?

Some people want to start light and slow, others go full force. It's up to the couple.

Well, we live together too so we talk in some format *almost* everyday; he travels frequently for work though so sometimes due to the travel schedule or where he is (often in remote areas and very busy time-wise) it may not be everyday, but we try and at least exchange an email; or one of us may send one one day and the other sends one back the next. Sometimes depending where he is though we may be out of touch for a couple days....just because of the remoteness or the logistics overall of it.

When he is in town, and we are at work (or I am at school) we tend to exchange a couple emails during the day or what have you too in addition to talking in morning/night when we are both at home. Both of us have some long days where our schedules conflict one or two days a week, so we have to make up for not having as much time in person to talk on those days too and we want more than just the "good morning love you" and "good night love you" we might get otherwise!

My bf and I don't live together but he usually see eachother 5 times a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

On the days we don't see eachother, it is rare that we don't text or call to say a quick good night.

During the week I normally send a email at the end of the day, asking what he feels like for dinner. But other then that, we only chat when we get home from work.

We are both busy at work and don't send chatty emails, and sending texts during the day is a waste of money, when you can email if you need too.

I don't think this is necessarily true.

I've lived with my guy 5 years and we still talk on the phone once a day (while either he is at work or I am).

Appreciation is learned- not something that only happens when something is take away from you.

I'm guessing you are just getting back with an ex, what sort of speed have you talked about with re-establishing the relationship?

Some people want to start light and slow, others go full force. It's up to the couple.

Yeah, just got back about a month ago and started kind of slow at first but then jumped in full force basically when she started telling me she loved me again.

Hey Everyone! I was just curious as to how often or frequently (everyday, every other day, etc...) you all talk to your boyfriends/girlfriends? I'm wondering whats considered healthy communication verses unhealthy. Let me know!

I don't currently have a g/f, but when we were together... we talked everyday, sometimes several times a day on the phone. We usually e-mailed or texted during the day as well. Why be in a committed relationship if you don't want to be a part of each other's life daily? Just my thoughts...

• 9 months later...

When I met my g/f through eHarmony two years ago I had a lot of rollover minutes with Cingular but the first month I had consumed 4,000 minutes in one month and another month with 6,000 minutes.

We probably talk two or three times a day on the phone and jabber all day after I come home from work.

• 1 month later...

I usually text him everyday in the afternoon just as I'm starting class to tell him to have a nice day at work and that I miss him, he usually replies, and then later on he calls me when he gets off work and is driving back home. I talk to him on the phone everyday for several minutes. Normally, I'm not a phone person =( I really wish I was..but yeah.. the amount of time we spend on the phone depends if I or he have stuff to say haha, but yeah.. we usually talk on the phone for about 15-45 minutes (usually depends), and then we'll talk again later in the night before he has to go to sleep or something. And I usually see him about 1-2 times a week.

Archived