Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: weird addiction

weird addiction

i dont believe this is normal, but i have sorta have a vinegar addiction, lol. there's only one week in the month when i dont like vinegar, and thats' when i'm on my period. but the rest of the month, i wake up in the morning and get either a pickle, or something that i can put vinegar or tabasco sauce on. i've always been in love with ANYTHING vinegar, and sometimes i have thought about it and even had a few times when it was like 2 am and i had to get up and go to a 24 hour store to get me some pickles. one person told me i may have a sodium deficiency or something, could this be true? thanks

I don't know what you could have or something... but there is no sodium in vinegar.. but vinegar is an acid which comes from ethanol (which I believe is the same thing as beer from yeast). Maybe it has to do with acidity in your blood or something like that. Because your body is calling for vinegar, making you crave it. Well, either way maybe ask a doc? Or maybe it's nothing.

My mother always needed to have dill pickles around and we always had sauerkraut on the stove. She's in her 80s now.

I know this is a VERY old post but in case anyone else looks this up while browsing the web, I hope to help a bit. I too crave Vinegar and recently found out that your blood needs to be somewhat acidic to break down Calcium I have Hypercalcemia ( too much Calcium in my blood ) Hence the Vinegar craving, I drink one glass with several teaspoons of salt mixed in it every day sometimes multiple times a day, the vinegar is actually very good for you it helps raise your metabolism, burn fat, and cleanse your blood this was all told to me by my personal doctors, ( My mother disclosed to me that when she was a teenager that vinegar was used by women trying to lose or control their weight she was always thin and healthy anyway the craving could also be from a variety of Endocrine disorders so it is best to discuss this with your Doctor. Good Luck and God Bless

like the previous people said alot of times when you crave certain foods its cause of a medical condition like ice with anemia

Silver Member
    There's a thread on this sub forum about the benefits of white wine vinegar.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice