Talking to a girl but she's slow at..

crazyfast

I'll keep this short..

Got talking to a girl who has a few mutual friends - really nice looking girl, friendly, funny etc. After a few brief conversations on Facebook, I asked for her cell number, she give me it. After a few periods of texting, I asked if she'd fancy a date sometime next week, we could go get dinner, etc. She accepted and said that she is looking forward to meeting me.

She's horrible at texting though, if I send her a message on Facebook, she opens and reads the messages, but will respond back in around 3 hours - it seems to be me who is doing all of the effort talking to her, and I am the only one asking her the questions (showing interest in her etc).

Now we only get around 3 to 4 texts per day, I am meeting her next week - shall I keep the texting down to this level or raise it up a little bit before we meet?

Is she playing the 'chasing' game?

Now we only get around 3 to 4 texts per day, I am meeting her next week - shall I keep the texting down to this level or raise it up a little bit before we meet?

Is she playing the 'chasing' game?

Keep it at this level. Texting means almost nothing. See how you feel when you meet in person and then where it goes from there. I doubt she is consciously game playing. She might just actually have a life that doesn't allow her to text frequently. I try to keep it at a minimum in my own life because to some degree it's distracting and pointless. You can't really build a relationship through texting alone. Does texting enhance an already established relationship? Maybe, but you're not even close to that yet with a person you haven't met.

You haven't even met her yet and you're already demanding all of her time and attention? Frankly, she owes you nothing.

3-4 texts per day before even having met is quite a lot, actually, and taking 3 hours to respond is normal (I sometimes take a lot longer than that to respond to someone, even if I like the person, and I know others who do as well)

You can't expect her to be by her phone all the time and being crazy about talking to you when she hasn't even had a chance to develop any real interest yet.

So chill out for gods sakes and meet her first, see if you even like her irl at all. You never know.

She doesn't want to text non-stop with someone she hasn't even gone on a first date with. I don't know too many sane people who would. Leave the poor girl alone and just wait to talk to her when you meet her in person.

Archived