Advice would be appreciated

kast015

I'll try to keep this as short and sweet as possible and to the point

Me and now my ex-girlfriend are both 22 and in college. We dated for a year and three months. I graduated this past May and she still has another fall semester left at school (double majoring) with her hopes of going to grad school in the spring. I plan on going into the work force right away. I was planning on staying in the area but now without her, I can go anywhere in the country.

She broke up with me less than 24 hours before my graduation ceremony with the reason being that she needs to "work on herself". Everything was fine a couple of weeks before then we were talking about how we wanted to spend our lives with one another. We got in a big fight about her going to Europe this summer, over how I said that wanted to go with her and then she kept changing who she was going with. Then she finally decided who she was going with and didn't extend me an offer to go with her as well. We fought a couple times over this it would have passed over by the time she left and came back. But the timeline goes she breaks up with me then has a week in town and then goes to Europe for 30 days.

I have been doing no contact with her since the break up, after reading that it's the best way to heal. I have only sent her one text since the breakup. Wishing her a fun and safe trip the day when her plan left for Europe. I've been trying to heal as much as I can I.E. talking to other girls and going to the gym like a mad man. It's helping but I'm about 2.5 months in after the break up and I still am thinking about her practically every day.

I saw her at a bar unplanned about a week ago, she was with her friends there I was with mine. I said hello to some of her friends and there was little tension in the air. At one point we got within a couple of feet of one another and not one word was exchanged. Later in the night after I had more then enough booze in me. I saw her again at a different bar and I was going to try to talk to her. Her friend cut me off and told me to quit looking at her. I walked away from her and didn't say a word.

Ever since I saw her at the bar it brought up a lot of emotions, I'm still very much in love with her.

I know I should continue with NC because it's helping the healing process which I feel like I'm doing circles with now. There's also a part of me that says why not try a hail-mary and see where it goes (probably shouldn't do it now with my emotional state).

What do you guys think? Any insight would be appreciated.

Than you for the responses, gives me a little more clarity from people detached from the situation. I'm not going to contact her. Blocked her on all social media and today I blocked her on iMessage so she can't call/text me. Not that she would but I was still holding out hope.

Archived