Am I wrong??

Okay so my boyfriend of one year dumped me over this weekend. Told me pretty much out of nowhere he doesn't love me anymore and he doesn't want to be with me. I'm still in love with him.

We live together. So I'm trying to figure out a new place to live. He is sleeping on the couch and I'm sleeping in the bedroom. So I decided to make it easier on me while I'm still here I moved all my stuff from the entire house into the bedroom we once shared, so that I could easily pack it up to move out. And I moved his clothes into the other room in the other closet. I didn't throw everything in a pile I hung it up in the closet. I also moved his shower stuff into the other bathroom from the shower we shared. I just wanted to have my own little space while I'm still living here and try to have as little reminders of him as possible.

So I come home and he freaks out on me saying "this is my house this is my house. I'll kick you out on the street right now. Put yourself in my shoes it's not all about you. Why wouldn't you just put all your stuff in the living room." I tried to explain my reasoning tried to get him to talk to me for 2 seconds but he didn't listen and took off.

Was that so wrong of me to move his stuff? I had no intention of being mean or trying to piss him off whatsoever. If anything I had a slight hope that he might see that my stuff is gone and maybe regret his decision a little but that's all. I honestly did not think he would get pissed off but it seems no matter what I can't do anything right. He always wants to find something wrong with what I do.

I was thinking all day at work today that I just wanted to come home and talk to him and tell him I'm still really upset but I don't want things to end badly for both of our sakes and now this happens and ruined everything. I know he won't talk to me for the rest of the time I am here because he can only see it from his point of view. So now I just feel even worse and I wish I wouldn't have done it basically just like everything in our relationship this is how I always end up feeling.

And also I don't stay with anyone else because I don't have anywhere to stay. I have no family and am not able to stay with my friends at this time.

What do I do now?

obviously i am looking for a new place to live but it takes at least a week or two to find a place. and i pay to live here too. i just don't see how he can't see where i'm coming from as well. i was trying to make things easier on both of us. most of my stuff was already in the room anyways. i apologized to him. no more quick irrational descions i guess. but i thought this website was to make you feel better not worse and now i feel awful

I can see why he would be annoyed with you essentially moving him out of his own bedroom in his own house. Still, his behavior and the fact that he always makes you feel awful and doesn't ever really want to hear your side or communicate, should really give you all the reasons to be glad you two are done. I think that very soon you'll find that not having that feeling of walking on eggshells is really liberating and wonderful. A bit like a dark cloud lifting off your head and finally seeing sunshine.

I would just keep out of his way/stay out of the place as much as possible for the time being. Don't touch his stuff anymore, don't try to talk to him and just try to move out as quickly as you can manage. Trust me you don't want to reconcile with someone like him and soon enough you'll know that yourself.

This is not a web site to get people to tell you what you want to hear.

If you are paying rent, then you have two weeks to the end of the month.

If there is only one bedroom...safe to say you moved in with him.

There was no need to move any of his stuff...only to start packing up yours.

You don't get credit for not throwing it in a heap.

And the mature thing to do would have been to discuss it...not make and execute decisions in the heat of the emotion.

The clothes thing is just a boundary issue. Most of us don't want others - especially an ex - going through our stuff.

Now that you know, you should be sure to communicate about those types of things in the future. Hopefully you can move out very soon.

I personally never lived with a bf for this reason. Something for you to consider.

obviously i am looking for a new place to live but it takes at least a week or two to find a place. and i pay to live here too. i just don't see how he can't see where i'm coming from as well. i was trying to make things easier on both of us. most of my stuff was already in the room anyways. i apologized to him. no more quick irrational descions i guess. but i thought this website was to make you feel better not worse and now i feel awful

Not to sound harsh, but you should've learned SOMETHING from here then and don't put blame on the website as you should've never have touched his things in the first place. You moved his stuff around so you wouldn't be reminded of him? You should just move you and YOUR stuff out. Because that usually helps lol.

Coming from a guys perspective, I think that moving his stuff away from you just so you "think" you have your own space and making him feel like he cant live in his own home while you decide what you want to do and figure your own way out is just not only selfish.......but childish.

My advice, just move away to somewhere you aren't with him till you figure it out. But, by saying you are "still in love with him" and making an act like that, you need to get out of there ASAP and get your head together and see what happens from there.

Archived