Throat is sore only on the left side

So here's my dilemma - I NEVER get sick, but this past week I've been sick for the first time in about 2 years.

Wednesday - I noticed my nose getting stuffy.

Thursday - It got worse, and I had a dry, scratchy throat and a really stuffy nose.

Friday - It seemed to get better, and I was well enough to go out.

Saturday - I woke up and it was pretty bad, so I ran some errands, then took a nap. When I woke up it was like all the healing had been undone, and my throat and nose were back to the way they were Thursday.

Sunday - A bit better, and I went out and got some orange juice and chugged it all day. It started to clear things up, but towards the end of the night my throat started getting more sore than it had been all week, but only on the left side - The glands in my neck on the left are also very swollen, but not on the right. I noticed this happened after I ate dinner. My left ear also hurts a bit, but not my right.

Monday - I woke up, and the left side of my throat is still very sore, and my nose is still a bit stuffy. My left ear is also still a bit sore.

I work from home and I've really been unable to do any work due to my sickness. Money's tight and I don't have health insurance, so going to the doctor is really out of the question. Does anyone have any ideas of any remedies that may help?

I just checked my throat in the mirror, and I saw something white on my tonsils on the side that's in pain. It may be food, though, as I just ate breakfast.

So far I've had a good appetite, and I've been able to eat during my sickness. I'm just bothered by the fact that every time I seem to be getting better, it all of a sudden gets worse. Is it possible for strep or tonsillitis to appear in the midst of a cold? I've had the typical aches, pains, congestion, etc. since this started, and only recently has my throat been a huge bother to me.

I went out this morning and got some cough drops, and it's helping to alleviate the throat pain a bit. I can actually swallow now!

Does it feel like cut glass if you eat or drink or even breath it is probably strep. Any time your immune system is down you can get anything.

link removed

Strep is contagious so you can give it to others. They use antibiotics to clear because it is a bacteria infection. You can also get rheumatic fever from bad cases of strep and even die in some cases.

Tonsillitis once again can have a bacterial cause.

If it is a cold antibiotics won't do zip for that because it is a virus.

Gargling with the warm salt water will help with the discomfort of the throat in either case. If you get worse I would really see a dr though.

It's painful when I eat and drink, but not when I breathe. I haven't noticed a cough since I got sick, and I haven't had a fever. I'm hoping that this is just part of the cold and will go away soon (Fingers crossed!).

I initially thought that this was allergies - The symptoms began appearing last week on the one day it started getting warm out, and I had my window open.

Yeah, seeing a doctor would be best, but being broke and having no insurance means I can't afford it. Is it possible for your body to naturally get rid of strep?
\\

No, it is not possible for the body to get rid of strep naturally. I don't know where you live, or what country, but in the United States if you go to a hospital on an emergency basis they are required to treat you, whether you can pay or not. You need to look into resources where you live. If you send me a pm I will research it for you...chi

\\

No, it is not possible for the body to get rid of strep naturally. I don't know where you live, or what country, but in the United States if you go to a hospital on an emergency basis they are required to treat you, whether you can pay or not. You need to look into resources where you live. If you send me a pm I will research it for you...chi

It is best to get rid of it with antibiotics yes, but I am a strep carrier and my dr won't treat me at all if I have an acute case. He says he can not count on the test because he could test me at any time I would come out as having strep. In this case antibiotics are of no use to me because I am a permanent carrier of the bacteria.( streptococcus A) I became a permanent carrier after a very severe case of strep that was not treated on time and I almost died.

Good decision. Better to spend money now when you don't have serious complications.waiting can only make the bill higher. Try to remember-you can live without lot of things, but always try to buy proper food and don't hesitate to spend on doctors or dentists appointment. Without health you won't be able to work.

I live quite a frugal life but I'd rather charge my credit card with doctors appointment than with shoes, bags or other crap women buy. You made the right decision.

Alright, you've all convinced me - I'm going to the doctor. As the day goes on my throat's getting worse, and nothing I do is helping. I booked my appointment and hopefully I get better soon!

Glad to hear it! Please let us know how you are doing. I hope the appointment is soon....chi

Archived