Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys say they want to be just friends...after a breakup

Why do guys say they want to be just friends...after a breakup

Okay i'm just curious because i've asked some people and their responses were basically they want to keep that contact for "sex" so they can hook up every now and then. My sitiuation: an ex said he "just wants to be friends for right now." If those statements are half true i dont know how that applies to me because we never had sex...so im just curious why do you all think guys OR girls say they just want to be friends after they just broke up with you?

Sometimes people like having their exes around as it makes the break up somewhat easier, as if they havent lost them completely, if that makes sense?

Or they want to keep you on the back burner so they can reconcile in future if they want to.
    If you do nothing, nothing is going to happen, if you do something, something might happen, The Future is yours, do something about it!

its just funny to me because they'll say they want to be friends but then they stop contacting you

maybe after they say it they figure it isnt the most clever idea, men can be weird things to understand lol
    If you do nothing, nothing is going to happen, if you do something, something might happen, The Future is yours, do something about it!

Yea they say the opposite of what they really mean half the time lol

Sometimes it's to soften the blow and so they don't feel as guilty for breaking up with you. It's always nicer to say "Let's be friends".
    "And I hope one day you see nobody has it easy." - John Legend <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lol:) View Post
    Okay i'm just curious because i've asked some people and their responses were basically they want to keep that contact for "sex" so they can hook up every now and then. My sitiuation: an ex said he "just wants to be friends for right now." If those statements are half true i dont know how that applies to me because we never had sex...so im just curious why do you all think guys OR girls say they just want to be friends after they just broke up with you?
    Most cases it is for sex, but again, that's not everybody. In your case considering that you haven't had sex before, maybe he really wants to be friends. Why the breakup?

They want you as a back-up plan.
    I need every waking hour with you and my friends because they're so beautiful

There are a fair few reasons.
    Guilt would be a number one for me.
    I wouldn't want them hurting but in the end....
    Regardless if they are your friend or not they are going to hurt once they see you smiling and laughing with another partner.

It doesn't soften the blow of the break up but delays the impact of feeling the hurt when they start a new relationship.

Another reason could be, they are wanting you there because they know that you are into them still but they have found greener pastures to play in but just in case they find the pasture has poison ivy they can come back to you.

The only other reason could be that they really just want to be friends with you.

But even then, they should know that would be inconsiderate as they WILL be with someone else.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the World will know peace -Sri Chinmoy Ghose

He said it wasnt a good time because he just lost someone close and that he wasnt go to be there( in my hometown he was going start living back in his hometown but still going to the same school)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...