After being dumped, I tried NC

hoorah2

After my gf of 6 years decided she wanted a break, we decided to be friends. In the end, it was too much for me to handle because it hurt a lot. I needed up telling her that I didn't want any contact for a little bit while she can think what she really wants (because she wasn't sure what she wanted in the first place). I asked her then about what she wanted and she just said "i don't want to talk about it now" and got mad at me. Finally, she said when we're both together at home that we can try to get together and talk about things and move from there.

5 days into NC, I get a call and text from her which I did not reply. Then she sends more texts asking "why am I ignoring her"? After she sent a few more, I decided to reply and simply reiterate my point, telling her that just let the two weeks happen and then when I'm home we can try to figure something out.

4 days later, I get more texts saying "dont think im not thinkin of you" and "why are you ignoring me" along with a couple calls that I didn't answer.

I don't understand why she thinks I'm ignoring her when I told her twice what the deal was. I don't know what to make of any of this... I'm debating not even meeting up with her now that I'm home because I feel like it isn't worth it.

Any ideas or clue what's going on, because I'm so lost.

Dude you are being callous. If you love her, you need to stop these NC games. She is obviously hurting. Go be with her. You may end up hurting her enough to push her away for good.

or at least into another man's arm.

OP- do you want this woman back?

if so- yes its fine to let the dumper feel some pain..and yes they do NEED to do extra work to regain your trust and confidence if there is to be a reconciliation.

however- i'd LC her at this moment and allow her to suggest a meeting place.

see if you can fit it into your schedule...offer to set another place/time than she offers if you desire.

but if you do still have feelings for her- don't let her wallow too long...otherwise...if you do get back together- you'll have come accross as a narcissitic * * * * * ...and maybe she'll not want you any longer.

its a fine line that we have to dance in order for them to not be able to sweep us back at their whims...

Yes, she is right, you are ignoring her, and this is the right thing to do. Keep doing that at least until the end of two-week period. I would go for another two week period after that but this is up to you. She needs to understand your life is not a room with open doors where she can walk in and out as she pleases. Remember, the main thing is to keep yourself emotionally together. Her feelings at this point are of secondary importance.

update (kinda):

we decided we're gonna meet up after Christmas and hang out. What "hang out" entails, i have no clue, but I'm gonna suggest getting a few drinks at a bar or something else where i can leave anytime i feel uncomfortable.

the problem I know i'm going to face is that she may want to still be friends (something she has said before, and was genuine about, but did say when i came home things could be different, who knows) and i'm not sure if i can do that. Do i risk walking away from her for good (of course leaving on good terms) to try and move on or do i give in, keep talking to her while i'm home and shes at school (30 min away) and try to make things better?

i KNOW for a fact i'm going to be faced with this dilemma and it's tearing me up inside on which to choose...any ideas opinions on this?

Archived