I'm sure this topic has been covered but I just don't understand when the dumper, especially a dumper who found a new girlfriend in his same city contacts me when I live on the opposite coast??? Why bother. I'm totally over it but I've never had an ex want to stay friends with me after they have found a new girlfriend. 10 times out of 10 they forget about me. Why bother being friends especially with me who lives 3000 miles away on the opposite coast. I think he's one of those people that always needs aproval. I relpied to one of his emails after the fact he told me he met someone else but he emailed me again but I have yet to respond - If I wanted a pen pal I could do better than him!

he just wants to check up on you and see how you are doing so he can feel better about himself. my ex-LDR does the same thing and i don't reply to her emails or pick up calls. don't give them the satisfaction

mine too!!! it's so annoying!!! but mine WILL be back in my city in 1.5 years, which i think is why he's attempting the friendship. he's moving yet again in a few months and if he does the distance thing with the new girl i will not be happy!!!

oh, btw, he just IMed me an hour ago to say hi... well, at least on midnight on a saturday night he's thinking of me and not the gf. how bizarre.. i didn't talk to him, just told him i had to go..in retrospect, i sounded kind of harsh and mean... i don't know if that's the right decision or not, but oh well.. i didn't want to say anything i'd regret in the morning...

Plus if he should ever decide to visit you on your coast he may see it as a chance to have free crash space if he's in your good graces...bleh.

BLEH!

I'm pretty sure one of the reasons my ex wanted to stay friends was in part for what I described above. Now that my ex doesn't have any close friends here in the US (that I know would host just because), dunno how often he'll make the trip over since hotel accommodation isn't necessarily cheap!!

Archived