Relationship with a survivor

Cygnus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about three weeks ago, when I moved into my new apartment, while I was working a Saturday she brought a bunch of her "stuff" here and put it in my little storage shed. A dining table set, a bunch of candles, lamps, knick~knacks...and a picture frame with a pic of the two of us, and the frame has a saying on it..."Love...Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

So then for my birthday she tells me "I don't want it (a relationship)"...](*,)

I told her I'm not an "it", I'm a person....I can't believe someone can be so conflicted as to wanting to share their life with you, then throwing you in the garbage...or to the wind or whatever.

Unbelieveable...

Hi again. I hate to seem like a pathetic loser holding on or whatever, but I have to see this thing through where ever it may lead to. As I stated earlier in this thread, I work with this woman, so its not an easy situation to just walk away from without contact.

Anyway, we have been talking since this past Sunday. She called me that afternoon and it was very nice. We talked a lot the last few days, and we both apologized for the mayhem. I told her whatever happens, we are NOT to let our monkeys out (lol!) to play! Not until she feels ready, and I don't care if that's a long time...or forever. She is seeing a therapist, so she's got to work out what's right for her and that is going to take some time.

I'm not sure, of course, but I think my approaching B~Day put her in some kind of crisis mode last week. It has happened preceding holidays and such in the past (especially Valentines Day...oh brother!).

What is important to me now is our friendship, because throughout this whole thing, we are afterall....friends. She told me more or less that its hard to combine a friendship and an intimate relationship.

So we'll see... I also have to maintain my sanity as well, lol. That's why I post here. Perhaps I too should seek counseling for myself. I've gone through a lot of personal trauma in my time, and I'm sure that doesn't help...

Oh well, one day at a time...and NO monkey business!!!!

Archived