Pre cum debate

someguy335

Curious to see if pre cum contains sperm or not, when not having ejaculated before arousal (I know pre cum can contain sperm if sperm is previously in the urethra). Does semen mix with pre cum after being aroused for a while (will semen seep into precum)? Please give me information you know for sure, preferrably backed with facts (everyone can make claims, but how vaild are they?)

Yes pre-ejaculate can contain sperm and the amount may vary from one episode to another dependent on previous activity. Pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) is secreted from the Cowpers glands and is thought to lubricate the passage for the ejaculation of semen. As these glands do not produce sperm themselves it is likely that the sperm present is as a result of previous semen ejaculations.

It does not contain the same percentage of sperm as ejaculate (which contains approx 5%) but there is still the possibility of pregnancy via contact with pre-ejaculate. It is one of the reasons coitus interruptus is such a poor method of birthcontrol.

Well, this is purely anecdotal.....but my brother-in-law uses the pull out method and he has 6 kids! (he doesn't learn)

LOL pull out after he cums method maybe? That's bad.

I always thought the chances of getting pregnant with pre-cum was very very low.

Only real fact I know of is that that there are people who have not ejaculated inside during sex but still have a baby anyway. Whether the sperm was in the precum, or picked up somewhere in the urethra I've no idea, but perhaps it isn't actually relevant why if you're trying to prevent conception!

Curious to see if pre cum contains sperm or not, when not having ejaculated before arousal (I know pre cum can contain sperm if sperm is previously in the urethra). Does semen mix with pre cum after being aroused for a while (will semen seep into precum)? Please give me information you know for sure, preferrably backed with facts (everyone can make claims, but how vaild are they?)

Yes, But not at much as the actual point of orgrasm. (I believe...)

Archived