It's the stupid thing with money, cars, and a job.

(make a lot of posts in here don't I...)

So I have a weekend job that use to be great, until I made one mistake and boss recently revealed to me that he says I hosts birthday parties in a sucky manner. (I work with childrens entertainment. I'm around kids all day) and now he's only letting me worth one day a week and gives me the worst position in the entire store.

Why don't I quit? Because I love the people too much. Out of my five managers, theres only one I like. But he and my co-workers keep me going. That and the prospect of earning big tips on the birthday parties. But the fact that I rarely get to host any anymore, I already get paid Sh!t, and I'm still w/ the worst position makes this job really unenjoyable. image removed

So I've been thinking of getting another job. One for after school and the weekdays in the summer. Only problem is, I don't have a car. Got the license and all, but no transportation.

I talked to my mother about buying a car and after talking about it I realized just how serious I was going to affect my finances and social life.

I'm already pretty active in school organizations. After school clubs, committees, theres not everyday, but when they run, then run late. (They won't be continueing much longer, but I'll explain that dilema in a minute.) With being out of weekends and not being able to get there until 6 every thursday night and occasional mondays and tuesdays, no employer is going to want to higher me with those prospects.

Now, the school year is almost up, and it's not like I'm not going to be this way forever. But, Its wise to a get a job a few months before the summer to make sure you have one, something I cannot do with my current car situation. Which leads me into the other issue,

Besides having to give up social life and college important committees, the fiances are considerable. Currently, I'm only waged 5.75 an hour, something I got cheated on and my employers refuse to take me off of. If I do work full time, I can afford a leased car, but it will guzzle at least 400 bucks of my paycheck. Which will be pretty high if I work two jobs full time, but 400 bucks is a lot of money image removed This truly is the leese of my concerns, its the getting a job that is, and whether or not to do it.

I'm happy to wait until the summer is closer to get a job, because it lends me my time with my activites and lets me save up my worthless supply of cash I get from my current job. BUT, my only concern is that all the jobs might be taken, and I would rather kill myself then work full time at my current job.

I've got three places. One of them, I LOVED the people when I checked it out, absolutly loved them! Of the second two, both waitressing, I really only wanted them for money, but I still did like their atmospheres.

So confusing! I just dont know if it's worth it. if I leased a car for 5 months, I think that would be a fair time for me to go ahead and figure out how to save up for a car with the the already offered parental help. Anyone got their opinions?

So I have a weekend job that use to be great, until I made one mistake and boss recently revealed to me that he says I hosts birthday parties in a sucky manner. (I work with childrens entertainment. I'm around kids all day) and now he's only letting me worth one day a week and gives me the worst position in the entire store.

Did your boss tell you specifically what you can do to improve? what did he say you weren't doing well? This might be good feedback not just here, but at any job you were to take.

Public transportation is a lot cheaper then a car, it feels more like your volenteering then actually getting paid to work. So its no wonder a car creates an enormous gap in your finances, you'd have to have a GOOD paying job, to not only pay for the car, but also for your living expenses.

Look in the end you need cash, i know the surroundings are important to you, but for me personally its just a formality, you need to look at those places where you get better paid. I mean a nice environment eventually doesn't pay for the bills you have. Atmosphere at work is important , i'll give you that much. So you need to put distance between yourself and your employer. Little contact, just giving them the idea that everything is going alright and that your doing everything to make it happen in a correct manner.

The real danger lies usually not in the work but with the employers, somehow there is this culture that people don't want you to have a nice life, so they come to you in all willingness to ruin it. This is bad because you have a wonderfull personality that you definitly shouldn't give up or let be changed by horrible individuals that walk on this planet and happen to be your bosses. Don't let them walk over you, stand on your stripes, try to have good relationships with them but severly limit your contact to them, because they can ruin your world.

Archived