How long is the longest you go without seeing your other half?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is like a long distance countdown support thread!

it's really nice to know that so many other people are doing this and holding on for love. it's so easy to fall into periods of doubt and wondering if walking away would be preferable...but i want to hold on tight and be able to post on here in a few years time with a happy ending (!)...also...i love him...just a bit xx

well for me... i havent seen him in 3 weeks... but not sure when we are gonna see again... waiting for some papers... i dunno... THATS THE MOST STRESSING PART... i was reading all the posts crying my eyes out... its so hard to be apart... goshhhhhhhhhhh... and not knowing when we will see again... those papers!!!...

4 months was our longest (so far)....... she came to visit me in Jan of this year and just left (yesterday) after her visa expired....... don't know when we'll be seeing each other again.... and I think that's the hardest part..... wondering when that will be...... I'm in severe pain right now...... wishing she didn't have to go!!!

I MISS HER SO DAMN MUCH!!

4 months was our longest (so far)....... she came to visit me in Jan of this year and just left (yesterday) after her visa expired....... don't know when we'll be seeing each other again.... and I think that's the hardest part..... wondering when that will be...... I'm in severe pain right now...... wishing she didn't have to go!!!

I MISS HER SO DAMN MUCH!!

I know what you mean... not knowing is the hardest... i am in the same situation... he was here for some time and now he is gone and i dont know if i can get a visa again... it was better knowing..."IN X NUMBER OF DAYS WE ARE GONNA BE TOGETHER"... but... now its all in the air... just try to keep in touch and hopefully things will work out... like he said to me: "BE POSSITIVE"... lets try to be possitive then

So far, we've got things so that we see each other once a month but after april I won't see her again until mid-june. Blech.

I really feel sorry for people who have LDRs and are in different countries, that has to completely suck. We're about 1500 miles apart and that's difficult enough. Fortunately I work from home, so later this year I plan to move by her. I really can't wait.

oh dear, i can't take it tooooo but we don't have a choice do we?

each night we talk on the phone i will end up in tears and make him cry too. its heartbreaking.. we need to be with each other so badly but we can't.

i believe the time we spent apart will make our love go stronger, i know it hurts so bad. i can't take it too. count down dear, you will see him soon.. hugs sweetie.

talk to him daily, msn, skype, write him letters..

It's harder than hell, isn't it? Counting down those days, not being able to touch the person you love... but like you say, what choice do we have? I'm comforted by the fact that because of an LDR, you truly get to know the other person because all you can do is share every little thing that happens from day to day.

There is of course more to discover in person, there always will be, but I remember how she wondered "What if we hate each other when we actually meet? What if we're too nervous?" I wasn't worried, because when I knew when I saw her, it would be her. It would be the woman, the dream, made flesh. How could I ever possibly hate that?

Lets just say the meeting went very well.

I'm really thankful I'll get to see her this weekend. I'm NOT thankful that I'll have to wait two months to hear her voice without the assistance of a satellite.

I have about 67 days left on my countdown...

We've been long-distance for two years and believe me, it's made us so strong! It's made us open and honest with each other, and it taught us the importance of communication. We involve one another in our lives as much as possible. We learned a lot of things that will help us keep our relationship strong when we live closer together (in August!).

So don't give up hope! Distance can actually be healthy.

14 months then I moved to be with him, we got engaged after 3 weeks of me moving to be with him, 5 months later we broke up---he was totally not what he was long distance, so keep your eyes open unless you've known him in the same state before. We met long distance when I moved to where he was that was the first time we lived in the same state together. Hate to tell you this, but Long Distance has a very low percentage rate of it working out, it isn't easy being apart from someone you love for so long..i've always been told "out of site, out of mind" VERY TRUE!!!

Goodluck to you!

-A

3 months is my current record, that seems to be about the average time given our circumstances. When I go on deployment though, a whopping 6 months. If she's still sticking around after that, I think I might just have to repay her with a ring.

Hey all,

Just an encouraging story

One of my close friends has been seeing her bf for 5 years - he lives in the US, she's in the UK. They only get to see each other twice a year for about 10 days. Anyway it's really stressful (they keep in touch via msn, text, phone) but guess what -> they're just engaged!

They are so committed to each other and I know they are perfect for each other. It's not always been so smooth but it goes to show that if the committment and love is there, then LDR's do work out

The longest i have been without seeing my bf was 2.5 months. And it was worse because I had serious health problems that kept me in the hospital for 10 days and he could not be there with me. I know that situation killed him inside, he was very stressed. But we managed to overcome that and we saw each other at the end of March. However, last week my health problems came back and I was kept at the hospital for five more days. I guess this is making our relationship stronger than other relationships thabks to the deep communication we share.

Ok, I know that it seems like forever, but in perspective to almost everything else in life it's really not that long. I think that worrying about your other half is the hardest thing, because you can't know where they are at every second of the day. I'm constantly worrying about my fiance. Reason, he's seriously accident prone. He'll always tell me not to worry, and I always tell him that so long as I love him I'm gonna worry about him, cause I care.

You've got to realize that as long as keeping this relationship alive is important enough to both of you then it's worth all of the pain and worring. Just don't worry too much, because as long as you can trust him you have nothing to worry about.

I've went almost nine months away from my fiance. We're both in the Navy, so it's pretty difficult when we're in two different countries and then family is in another. Just remember why you love one another so much, and never forget about. Any and every relationship depends on falling in love over and over again with the same person each and everyday. If you truly love one another you've always have the next meeting to look forward to. Mine is unfortuantly in 6 months. It sucks, I've saw him twice within the last year and seven months. We're both making sacrifices, which is sadly enough that's the price that you have to pay. Just remember that it's worth it in the end.

I envy all of you..in a way. I first met my special half in June 2001. I, then, met him in July 2002 for the first time (for 2 weeks). I didn't see him until July 2006 (for 4 weeks - 4 wonderful weeks). So I basically haven't met him for 4 years. I am grateful that email and msn exists but then the real feeling to be with him is simply different. Quite simply different.

Archived