How long is the longest you go without seeing your other half?

i havent seen my man in a yr and 2 mths. won't see him until sept too.

before this we didn't see each other for 9 mths.

we've been together for over 2 yrs now. and i love him absolutely to bits. he is my rock and my closest friend.

i live in australia and he lives in germany, massive difference in time zones means that someone always has to sacrifice a good nights sleep for a good chat. but the chats are always worth it.

i'm not into the msn thing, cos we're not a net couple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
day after tomorrow...

how do i arrive beautiful after 24 hours on a plane?! yikes!

(the answer is...'he loves you for flying all that way and will be blown away by your natural beauty.' mmhmm...err...)

How exciting! Take a change of clothes in your carry on and some travel size shampoo and soap and you can wash your hair in those tiny airplane bathrooms or if you have a long enough stop over there are showers in the airport.

I've got 14 days left!

• 1 year later...

Wow, some of you are really strong to go for such long periods of time. We try to see each other every 2 weeks if it's possible. The longest was probably about a month if we get really busy. It's ridiculously hard. I get so sad a lot and it takes up a lot of my time thinking about it.

But at least in 4 months it will all be over and we will be back together again. Hang in there guys!

I used to be away from home for six months to nine months at a time, when I was married, military!

Now with my SO, it is usually two months as she is in the middle of Canada literally and I am in the UK, so we take it in turns to fly over.

But only until September, when she finishes her current contract and moves over.

The longest for me and my boyfriend was 5 weeks.

It was hard, but not as hard as the weeks went by and I kept myself occupied.

We live in the same state, but go to different colleges. 5 hrs away driving distance, he has a car, I dont.

We usualy see eachother every 2 weeks though. Sometimes less.

For instance, I was with him this past weekend, he will be here next weekend, and then the weekend after for V-tines day.

And when it's Christmas we have a Month to see eachother everyday, and summer to see eachother everyday and night for 4 MONTHS.

It's really not that bad, and we are alot healthier then we were the first 6 months we were together and we saw eachother every day and night and never had time on our own and isolated all of our friends.

But now we have that time, focus on school, I work, and then we have our friend time and then when we see eachother it's perfect.

We don't go more then 3 weeks without seeing eachother now, and when I get my AA I will be transfering to his college and moving in with him.

We also text all through out the day and talk on the phone multiple times a day. Like 2-4 times a day.

When my husband and I were courting, our separation was 5 months for military, and I could only afford to see him once (we were on opposite sides of the country). Now we're married and getting ready for him to go again (I can't join him between work and school). He'll be gone 15 months.

well, about a third of my relationship with my recent ex was long distance (because of the military).

so i guess my situation isnt the same as what you're all gonna say.

but the longest we went without seeing each other was from November of 2007 to August 2008 while he was in bootcamp, "A School", and more training at the naval base. august was when i finally got to go visit him. and after that he got more time to visit home as well.

I'm happy I'm seeing my guy for Valentines too even if it means having to brave the plane to Denmark by myself (I hate flying especially alone!)

thats great you're spending time with him.

unfortunately i'll be single&alone this v-day

and i know what you mean about flying alone,

i hated flying all the way from south carolina to california (the trip back, as well) by myself to see my ex.

but it was well worth it.

thats great you're spending time with him.

unfortunately i'll be single&alone this v-day

and i know what you mean about flying alone,

i hated flying all the way from south carolina to california (the trip back, as well) by myself to see my ex.

but it was well worth it.

Thanks, I usually don't get to spend Valentine's with anyone because I keep getting these accidental LDRs. My last was with a French guy for 2.5 years but I could get the eurostar to Paris ok enough. Planes are scarier, and I'm flying London to Copenhagen which is like two hours but I'm still scared! How long is South Carolina to California? (my US geography is not great)

Archived