I've had a dream about my ex 5 nights in a row

I don't get it. I feel I've healed and moved on, but the past few nights all my dreams have been about us holding hands, getting back together, etc. Then in the morning I'll feel it eating at me. Luckily I usually have activities to do to get her out of my head again. What do dreams really mean anyways?

I don't believe that dreams mean anything. It's just your brain processing some stuff you're not processing while awake. I still dream about my ex sometimes and it's been almost 8 months so I think there is no rule when you should stop dreaming about her or that it has any real meaning. It's just that you didn't forgot her...

I don't get it. I feel I've healed and moved on, but the past few nights all my dreams have been about us holding hands, getting back together, etc. Then in the morning I'll feel it eating at me. Luckily I usually have activities to do to get her out of my head again. What do dreams really mean anyways?

It's not what's in the dream that matters, it's how you react to it. When you wake up after having one of these dreams, how do you feel? Do you wish you were still sleeping and dreaming about being with her? Or do you feel sick that you were dreaming about a person you no longer care for? Your reaction is how you can judge what kind of effect the dream is having on you. If these dreams make you realize that maybe you're missing her, then perhaps you need to rethink things, as your head and your heart might not be in the same place. If they don't really make you miss her, and you are just feeling weird about having them, then let it go. It's just a dream.

It means she is on your mind. I am not a scientist, or have studied dreams. To me, they seem to give you a vision. Sometimes they come true, but sometimes they are just things we want that may never come true.

I have found that the mornings are the hardest times when dealing with emotions of past relationships, or things that are weighing on your mind. I would not worry about it. They are good while they are happening though. It's just hard when you wake up.

It's good to hear that you are healing though.

I had a theory, just a theory that our brains our slightly behind our hearts and have a mind of their own. They think that stuff in our lives is still going on when it's not so they try to live things out subconsciously? yeah that was weird and confusing but yet again so am i so...haha

I dreamt about my ex for a solid month after we broke up! It was the worst! Not only did thoughts of him occupy my daytime, but I couldn't even get a good night's sleep! Thank God that changed. Hehe, I actually had a dream punched his mom who I felt was an enabler in his depression. But they stoppped... I had a dream about going on a safari where there were 8-foot dogs and lions last night. Totally unrelated!!

You want to keep from having dreams about someone? Try this...whatever you dreamt about, close your eyes and recreate the event. But, this time whenever your ex enters into the scene confront him/her, look him/her in the eye and tell them to get the hell away from you. You can be kind yet firm at first. If the dreams persist, get angry and determined.

If they are in your bed, knock them out of bed and pick up that phone to call the cops.

If you are walking along together on the beach while holding hands, let go of their hand and tell them to bugger off.

Orlander