GUYS give us gals a lil help

Honestly, most guys know that it's not smart to let a girl know that you like them right away. It takes all of the mystery out of the initial relationship. Whenever I start dating a girl, I make sure they know that I'm interested, but am also sure to not let them know that I "like" them.

you cannot tell

simple

Then, it doesn't work, unlike what you previously said.

If you can't tell, then it is of no benefit for anyone to flirt, since sensible people aren't going to bother chasing after someone who may just being using another person as an ego-boost.

That's encouraging! I don't know about the touchy moves though. Naturally I'm not a person who is touchy, not even with friends. It looks cold, but that's just how I am - I need to be very comfortable with the person before I can even think of hugging them. I'd love to try the suggestions but they're so bold for me! I think I do unknowingly send out signs to him. I smile lots, stand close to him, probably blush too...I think he knows I like him though, my pals say even though I'm shy and don't do much its clear when I like someone since I'm usually very talkative with anyone else. They say I act "cute". Do men find shy and cute attractive?

If a girl touches a guy, it is a definite indication of interest. Even I know that much. But how often do we see this, unless the girl is really interested? Rarely.

A girl smiling at me only makes me think she's happy and/or a smiley person. Means nothing. Standing close just means she either has no respect for my personal space/pushy or that she has no choice to stand close to me (i.e. a crowded room/elevator, etc.)

Some men may find shyness attractive. Some may find it annoying. It depends on the individual. If he's out-going, he may have no trouble dealing with your shyness. If not, you may be in trouble. lol

I don't know about the touchy moves though. Naturally I'm not a person who is touchy, not even with friends. It looks cold, but that's just how I am - I need to be very comfortable with the person before I can even think of hugging them. I'd love to try the suggestions but they're so bold for me! I think I do unknowingly send out signs to him. I smile lots, stand close to him, probably blush too...I think he knows I like him though, my pals say even though I'm shy and don't do much its clear when I like someone since I'm usually very talkative with anyone else. They say I act "cute". Do men find shy and cute attractive?

*sigh* I get tired of saying this! Touch is a perfectly NORMAL state between two human beings! Its where so much information is transmitted! Be bold! Be wild! Touch him, encourage him to touch you! Give the poor guy a kiss that'll curl his toes! You'll be glad you did! Remember, all that personal space crap is just nonsense reneforcement for children to act good. Think about...do kids have personal space before they are taught "Don't Touch!"? No, they have no problems touching other people.

Throw off that stuff and just touch him! You'll be happy you did!

And yes, shy and cute can be very attractive to a man....but don't take it too far!

Some men may find shyness attractive. Some may find it annoying. It depends on the individual. If he's out-going, he may have no trouble dealing with your shyness. If not, you may be in trouble. lol

Well he is a confident out-going man so let's hope you're right in this case! I get less shy around him the more time we spend together so I am improving Again though, can't tell if he's just being a nice friend or there's something more.

To a man, touching his face is a sign of protection. So if he doesn't touch his face, he is more open to you. Funny thing, its the exact opposite of most women! When a women is into you, she touchs her face, rubs her arms and legs. Most of the time, they don't know they are doing it!

I'm a contradiction of sorts, so it's a little of both, to be honest.

I don't like exposing my true feelings to light, unless I am certain that I will be accepted. So, part of it is indeed intentional, as I know this. But I also find it innately hard to be open, expressive and 'myself' around any girl I find physically attractive. Anyone else though, I can be open, extraverted and completely normal around. The more attractive I find a girl, the more likely it is I will not talk to her, and will go to great lengths to ignore her.

(As I said, I am a contradiction...) lol

I can totally identify with you Wilhelm. I'm exactly the same way. I'll completely ignore someone I find attractive... no eye contact, no talking, often I will even try not to look in her general direction. Same thing as you, I don't want to deal with wondering if I'll be accepted if I approached her. I'm horrible at reading women.

Wonderin, how is that a sign? B/c the guy that I like this time around puts his hand on his cheek a lot but I didn't really think it meant anything

Touching one's face is often associated with dishonesty, nervousness, lack of interest. I meant more like, repeatedly touch one's nose or scratching their face, etc.

Hard to say, I wasn't there, so I can't judge for sure. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. It may not mean anything, but it might have. I don't know.

I can totally identify with you Wilhelm. I'm exactly the same way. I'll completely ignore someone I find attractive... no eye contact, no talking, often I will even try not to look in her general direction. Same thing as you, I don't want to deal with wondering if I'll be accepted if I approached her. I'm horrible at reading women.

I suggest reading up on body language then.

Oh I know all about it, and maybe I've made a few mistakes in that regard, but I imagine that every girl is sending me signals and that simply cannot be the case.

Maybe you're not giving yourself enough credit? Maybe you're better looking than you think?

I've been talkin with my friends about this too and we've just given up and agreed that it's just confusing! See we hear "oh if he makes a lot of eye contact or focuses on you then that's a sign" but what if he's just a good listener paying attention to you while you're talking? And what of nice gestures like holding the door for you or watching out for you? Those could be signs of just a nice guy brought up right doing his thing. To top it off there's no telling whether he's doing all this just to boost his ego or b/c he's nice or attracted or etc etc!

Then asking up front "do you like me?" is just too risky and could turn everything upside down if the other person doesn't feel the same.

*sigh* there is no answer is there? ](*,)

I've been talkin with my friends about this too and we've just given up and agreed that it's just confusing! See we hear "oh if he makes a lot of eye contact or focuses on you then that's a sign" but what if he's just a good listener paying attention to you while you're talking? And what of nice gestures like holding the door for you or watching out for you? Those could be signs of just a nice guy brought up right doing his thing. To top it off there's no telling whether he's doing all this just to boost his ego or b/c he's nice or attracted or etc etc!

Then asking up front "do you like me?" is just too risky and could turn everything upside down if the other person doesn't feel the same.

*sigh* there is no answer is there? ](*,)

The info I gave you came from an academic study on flirting and men's behaviours. Take it or leave it (no offense.) PM me if you want the source.

Oh none taken... I know, I've seen articles that mention those same signs too. I think I've just come to the point to accept not to care about it anymore. If he can't make it clear that he likes me then I'm going to take it as a sign that he doesn't and move on!