A wonderful discovery about the ex.

Lol the best feeling in the world is finding something out about your ex that makes your day and changes you as a person.

I wrote earlier this morning that I had seen his profile and on the dating site you can send what they call roses... he had sent (1) already. I thought they were little roses that show up at the end of a message.

Well I was curiouse and I sent one to myself and what they actually are is these big pictures of a rose with a card saying be mine.

LOL here I am feeling lonely and blaming myself for losing him and it's only been 2 days and he's sending "roses" to chicks. I should be upset but really Im happy. I'm not that pathtic that 2 days later I'm trying to hook up with the next guy I see like oh better start the haunt again. It also shows me that here I was holding on and feeling bad when he had no respect for me or our relationship to be on there so damn soon and to be doing that.

I'm going to be just fine. And I think for now I will give the internet dating a rest (I deleted my profiles) I may be alone but I want to find someone in life not through a screen.

Sounds like he is just rebounding right now.

He is trying to use the internet as a venue to curb his pain.

Not a very noble route to take.

He isn't worth your time.

I know the pain is great but each day will feel better, the body heals slowly but surely.

Hugs, Rose

A friend told me he uses the internet to find people because thats the way to do it these day..i have to disagree with that. I agree with you on the fact that meeting people in real life other then a screen is a good idea. With the internet you have no idea what you are running into.

(rose)

The beauty of online dating is the ability to (you hope) filter out your dealbreakers right from the get go. Of course, everyone has an incentive to bend the truth.

For guys: 6 feet tall and over $100k income seem to be the magic numbers. I know plenty of guys who were 5' 10 making 89k who got 0 responses, but as soon as they "padded" their inboxes were full.

Of course if everyone is padding, then you are never really going to get what you want. The profiles for the most part are all the polished up versions of people. Then again, doesn't everyone put their best feet forward on a date?

all of these comments about internet dating can be said for meeting people in 'real' life too. I have met guys in clubs and swapped numbers, chatted all night, thought "they were cool.." then gone on a date and discovered they were very odd in deed!!

it usually only takes a couple of dates to realise if someone is worth a few more and then a few more.... protecting your heart each time. If it fails it fails, blaming the forum you met them is useless.

I met my ex through my best friend, she worked with his mum. when he broke my heart and turned out to be a cheating liar I said "I wish you had never of introduced us!!.. if only i hadnt gone out that day.. if only i hadnt come to that party..."

I met my current boyfriend (who i have been with for 16 months, live with and totally adore) on faceparty! one of my friends met he husband on Myspace and my 37 year old friend is using link removed to find someone because she is sick of meeting men in bars who just want to take her home and give her a good seeing to!

I have had plenty of bad experiences with guys, bad dates, crappy relationships, wherever i met them.. family barbeques, work do's, internet. I have met a few liars off the internet who described themselves as taller, more wealthy, but werent, I had a date with them and then didnt see them again.

I think its great that you feel better about how much of a loser that last guy was, but it doesnt mean every guy you meet is going to be like that. Internet dating doesnt have to be seedy and sad, if you are sensible and realistic about it.

You might not find the man of your dreams, (like i have) or you may do.. just as with 'life' when dating, we only know what they tell us.. until we learn.