I'm back to where I used to be and I don't want to go on

My girlfriend broke up with me. She gave me the whole BS thing that it's her and not me, and I told her that it's okay. When I got off I started crying and didn't know what to do. I looked around for my gun that I have and I eventually found out. I grabbed it and sat on my couch for about 10 minutes just thinking about shooting myself. How easier it would be to get rid of this failure of a life. I have no friends. My girlfriend was the only stable friendship I had in my life. I mean, I talk to some people, but I don't consider them friends. My family isn't even close. They told me that this girl is nothing but damaged goods anyways. I hate them.

I have no job. College is going bad. My girlfriend was all I had, and now she's gone. What's the point anymore?

Honestly man, you will be ok. Right now its hard to realize there will be better days ahead, because the situation your going thru will cause you to think irrationally. But trust, no one is worth ending your life over. It is hard as hell, but one day you willl look back and realize this is just an obstacle in life that you have to overcome. Everyone goes thru turmoil and heartbreak, everyone has been there. But you will be ok. Maybe not soon, but eventually. Trust.

You will be o.k. believe me. Only a few weeks ago I was lying in A&E after taking an overdose. All through relationship trouble too. Everything will be better. Everything will happen for a reason. You have to concentrate on the positive aspects. I know it is hard at present. Think about the career you really want and make the first steps to getting it. Think of the happy times you shared with your ex. I am sure there is people you know who care and would certainly be upset to think you were feeling this way. The world is your oyster as they say.

I have no job. College is going bad. My girlfriend was all I had, and now she's gone. What's the point anymore?

HI Iwantittoend,

I know that now everything looks like it's going nowhere, that life is just one big failure. I know it because I was at the same place like 8 months ago, and yes, I was thinking about suicide a lot. So, it's been 8 months and I'm still here and I'm not sad that I didn't do it back then.

A lot of things change through time and you honestly don't really know what will happen tomorrow, or day after or day after....you get the idea. Try to see what are you doing wrong (if anything) and one by one try to fix it and make yourself a better person.

Life will give you another chance - just be prepared to catch it.

I know. It's just so hard not having someone there for me when I need it. My family tries but sometimes just make it worse.

I loved her and really stopped contacting my friends. I pretty much spent all my free time outside of school with her. Now that's she's gone, I'm back to being a loner again.

Save your ammo, look for a new girlfriend when you feel better. And look up your old friends, too. It's ALWAYS a mistake to put all your eggs in one basket, especially somebody else's basket. You lived without this girl when you were just a kid, you can do it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Iwantittoend here and now is where you make the rest of your life, there is pain, there is hurt, shame, giult, hart ache, but here and now is where you have you life in your hands. Your at collage and its going bad, well one way to take you mind off the pain is work, work like mad, study, reserch.

She has gone if you look around this site your will see No Contact as the best thing to do, close that door in fact slame that door, if she comes back then thats up to her, its all about you now, what you need to get over this and get on with a bigger and better life.

But right here right now is the pain and shock of being left, but it gets better we here are the walking wounded and we know really know it gets better, the pain fades and life comes back.

But for now you must stand in the storm, face it with out fear and start that long walk to a better life, your feet will feel like lead, you will wont to fall and stay down but you must walk step by step.

remember this, there was a boy who was there befor you met her that boy is still in you and he had dreams that she played no part in, that boys still there and is dreams if you let them will giud you out of this time.

and talk tell us screems of need be but tell us, becouse we know how it feels we really do.

Also, instead of leaving this world the way you are, why don't you keep moving forward and show everyone how strong you REALLY are and make them all say "wow im glad he's around"

I say this to you as a SUICIDE survivor who Od'd on 30 ambien pills 20 xanex and slit my wrists at the same time. at this stage of the game i couldn't be happier I am alive. I may be in debt, i may be single (workin on that) I may not be where I want to be but thank GOD i am not where i USED to be and brother, many months ago i felt EXACTLY like you. I could show you the scars on my wrists, i had to have plastic surgery on my arm to replace the tendon that i severed while cutting my wrists in my shower.

Let me tell you something, when you are minutes and seconds away from you will feel real fear and you do NOT want to feel that my friend.

You ARE worth something, you ARE a miracle, and your soul is more important than you think. You DO have a purpose and it WAS NOT ONLY to be with your girlfriend. You are a special person who can do so many things and create so many memories for people.

The ultimate revenge you can have on the people and things and forces against you that wish to keep you from your destiny is to live your life the BEST you can and improve yourself to the point where people say "Damn, i dont' know what i was thinkin leavin that guy"