why i oughta........!

I have this friend ive known for a long time. we hang out a lot but lately he has been really agitating me! Like yesterday for example he comes over but my whole family is sick with the stomach flu. So he was talking a little loud so i politely asked "why do you have to talk so loud, my family trying to sleep". So he says to me "shut the F*** up John". I mean was i outtla line for asking him to keep it down in my own house? The kids a year younger than i am but im thinking to myself, Should I knock this kid out? The more and more the kid comes over, the more i just wanna lay him out and forbid him from coming to my house!

What would you guys do in my shoes??? It seems he has an attitude problem and a problem with my authority in my own house!

Lay it on the line. Let the guy know whats going on and he is not on his "territory". If the guy dosn't back-down, physically remove him. I'm not suggesting getting into a fight, thats rarely the answer. As always, do what you need to do, then do what you must.